How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2022, 11:38 AM

Default Cannot change or save Pro Tools preferences

I'm running Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.5 (just installed today).
My computer is a 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Max.

Pro Tools is currently unable to save or change preference options. I can open the preferences window in Pro Tools, change some option, close the preferences dialogue, and upon re-opening it's as if I had made no changes at all. No changes save.

I think this is somehow a result of Pro Tools being unable to write new information to the preferences folder on my computer, which is informed by my attempts to change to the dark UI. Attempting to do so causes this error message to pop up:

Permission denied (13) while deleting "UITheme.txt" while opening "UITheme.txt"

Pro Tools has full disk access permissions in my Security and Privacy options in the system preferences.

I'm fairly certain this issue has been going on since I moved to my new laptop, but it's only recently become annoying enough that I've felt a need to look into potential fixes. Is this an issue with M1 installs, or is there something else going on here?

My original install was from a system migration from another computer, so I'm wondering if that might be an issue.