Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 01:12 PM

Default New Feature Request

This may seem petty to some, but for me this would be a HUGE step forward. It has to do with making custom fader groups. I wish that I could simply select the tracks I wanted on mixer window and make a Custom Fader Group out of them via some command. If this is already possible, someone please enlighten me.

Thanks.

mike
Old 03-30-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: New Feature Request

Yes!
Particularly when using large custom fader sets .... or all available faders as Custom faders. I know there are ways around this, but they invlove getting up and are generally more work than they should be.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:33 PM

Tweaky way to do what you want IF you have pre-existing mix/edit groups and you have a 32-fader or more D-Control with the main in the middle splitting the fader modules (if so, read on. If not, then this will not work. Sorry D-Command guys, this will not work for you either).

- Display Mix/Edit group through the right Custom Fader section.
- Display Custom Fader groups throug the left Custom Fader Section.
- Make sure the Left Custom Fader display is active (the Custom Fader scribble will be amber).
- Press the Bank number you want to use in the Bank Select Matrix or select the Custom Fader group through the encoders by pressing and holding the "Custom" switch in the Custom Fader bank cluster until it blinks and displays all Custom Fader groups above in the encoders.
Now just select the tracks in the right hand side of the mix/edit group.

Like I said, tweaky, but doesn't require you to get up if you have already made pre-existing groups. Also note, that Custom Faders are console specific, not software specific (putting aside that software personalities is what is guiding ICON). Therefore, you must press the Sel switch of each track you want to add to the Custom Fader group. But if the tracks are already grouped in Pro Tools, you can quickly display them and drag your finger over the Sel switches to add them quickly.

Cheers,

Miwokman
Old 04-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Avid

You can do this. Select the tracks you want, select the custom group you want to populate, double press the edit button to name the group and return. The selected channels will populate the custom group.

Gil
Old 04-23-2007, 04:21 AM

Hi Gil,

Thanks for stepping in. Unfortunately, I don't understand your post on how to make the custom groups. I am using a D-command and I don't find the "edit" button that I am supposed to douple press. My usual method for make custom groups is straight out of the manual. Since upgrading to 7.3, many things have changed so maybe I don't know the "new" way.

thanks

Mike
Old 04-23-2007, 08:26 AM
Avid

Sorry, I should have stated that the above method was for D-Control. The double pressing of the edit button names the custom group. Although I have not verified it, you might try selecting the tracks you want in the custom group, go into custom group select mode, and opt press the groups button for the selected group you want to create. Name it and return. If it works like D-Control, the selected tracks will populate the custom group. Let us know if this works...

Gil
Old 04-23-2007, 12:02 PM

Hi Gil,

Thanks for the explanation, though it doesn't work on the D-command. I would like this to be added to the D-command though.

thanks!

Mike
Old 04-26-2007, 05:52 PM

Ooooo...forgot about that one. But may I add an enhancement . . .

If you have a pre-exisitng mix/edit group, you can quickly select the members of the group by:
- Pressing "Groups" in the Custom Fader switch cluster
- Press Bank Sel in the Soft Keys, to display your group names
- Press and hold Shift while pressing the soft key next to the group name. This will select all the members of the group.

Then use Gil's method, press "Custom", select the Custom Group number/position you want then double press the Edit switch.

Happy Custom'ing,

Miwokman
Old 04-27-2007, 05:16 AM

Actually even quicker than that -
If you have a pre-existing mix or edit group, simply click and hold on the group's name in the list and in the menu that pops up choose "select tracks in group" or whatever the official wording is. Not a particularly ICON sensitive suggestion, but quick!
Old 04-27-2007, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Actually even quicker than that -
If you have a pre-existing mix or edit group, simply click and hold on the group's name in the list and in the menu that pops up choose "select tracks in group" or whatever the official wording is. Not a particularly ICON sensitive suggestion, but quick!
Would there be a way, using soft keys, to have that come up on the ICON? To access the "select tracks in group" command without mousing? Now, THAT would be cool