Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2001, 11:46 AM

Default exporting markers as text?

is there a way to export my markers and memory locations as a text file? i've got a bunch of notes in there that i need to transfer to another session to make the changes. any way to copy into a text file or import into a new session like a track? if not, consider this my feature request for such a feature.

thanks.

=a=
Old 06-04-2001, 02:48 PM

Default Re: exporting markers as text?

That's a great work around - so how 'bout merging markers???

Let's make that a feature request!!
Old 06-05-2001, 12:44 AM

Can't help you with the memory locations but there is an easy way to get your markers into another session. Markers are always exported with midi and will always be imported into another session if the destination session contains no markers of its own. Even if you aren't using midi create one blank track and export midi file. Then import this midi file into your destination session and your markers will be imported. You don't need to import the tempo from the source session to do this. Your markers may not appear until your screen redraws so simply play or resize display once. Any problems mail me back.
Old 06-05-2001, 06:33 AM

thanks nozza - i always get the markers when importing midi from our composer, but totally forgot that would be an option in this scenario! will try it tomorrow!

i'll agree with germ, though, that it would be nice to be able to merge them - any chance of making the "marker" track an option in the "import tracks" dialog or something to that effect? forgive me if its a programming difficulty for some reason...

=a=