Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2012, 09:03 AM

Default Re: New Hackintosh / PT7 monster HD PCI Rig

PS -- TRY:
1. Install core card ONLY into PCI 4 (last slot). Digitest. Ok? restart.
2. Launch Protools 10.2 - do a test session at 44.1 with 1 stereo track of audio only. Playback ok? Good. Shutdown.
3. ADD Accel card to PCI slot 3. FLEX CABLE FROM accel port A TO core port B. Test in DigiTest first. MAKE CERTAIN all audio sources are OFF before running DigiTest. You know this. Restart. Test session with 1 stereo track. OK? Good.
4. keep adding accel cards ONE AT A TIME into PCI 2, then PCI 1. EVERY STEP OF THE WAY, TEST. TEST, TEST. And don't skimp on restarts.
5. If your BIOS are set correctly (this is not rocket science, DO NOT over-think it) you should be fine -- but then again, my expertise/experience is installing macOS 10.7.4 on this mobo. I don't have any experience with W7 and Ptotools HD.

PS -- if you are not using PT 10.2 (or latest build that supports your OS), make sure you go to the LATEST supported build of OS and ProTools. Sounds like I'm preaching. As my wife says, "do you want to be right, or be happy?"
Old 06-26-2012, 01:44 PM

All good solutions above.

I had weird problems for a year with a PT build once. It finally ended up being the video card and the usb thing. I would go into the bios and disable everything you can imagine like onboard audio, serial ports, floppy, yadada.

I havent seen much written about protools and the intel video support but it wouldnt hurt to put an ATI card in there (stay away from nvidia).

the system can be made to work, you just have to find that one culprit. once you do, you know it will be worth it!

J

MacBook Pro (15-inch,2018)
2.9 Ghz Intel Core i9 CPU
32 GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
1TB SSD System Drive
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Old 06-26-2012, 01:44 PM

My 200th post! yay!

MacBook Pro (15-inch,2018)
2.9 Ghz Intel Core i9 CPU
32 GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
1TB SSD System Drive
Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Old 06-26-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomb97 View Post
I havent seen much written about protools and the intel video support but it wouldnt hurt to put an ATI card in there (stay away from nvidia).
Ah, but for a hackintosh, there are no drivers for ATI that work OOB!
hackintosh video cards come from a relatively short list, but from within the list there are some great options.

Are we still talking about hackintosh, or W7 OS?
Old 06-27-2012, 09:36 AM

After LOTS of card swapping, Digitesting, extended test session runs and.....oh yeah, reboots (at least the ssd blazes-20sec reboot). It seems that anything beyond an HD2 will fail. HD3 will Digitest fine, but once in a session, its just a matter of time before it blows up.

HD4-Digitest won't even launch. Used multiple cards (known good ones) and flex cables. DSI -1122.

HD3-I had a session running (20trk, TDM plugs, loop playback) for 24min with no failure. until I stopped playback and tried to record engage a track.

HD2-All good since late last night. I can't make it fail, and I can crash anything.

Cards populated 4-3-2....Core in the bottom or right-most slot.(rack mount)

While I am happy I have a functioning HD system, I am sorely disappointed that I cannot use my additional cards

I do have SL available to me, but am hesitant to try iBoot/Multibeast biz. But I wanna use my GEAR!!!

Thanks to Justin and Jeremy for your help.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:25 PM

Can anybody PLEASE help with a step by step install for built-in audio for Jetway naf92-q67 motherboard?

I have used voodooHDA. and it creates Kernel Panic. which forces me to re-do Osx install. I have also tried ViaHDA. which didnt do anything at all.

I run Snow Leopard 10.6.8, please anybody who has had success share your method?

Have not even tried too install protools yet until the whole computer is running to its full potential.

I'd appreciate any help. Cheers.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1990 View Post
Can anybody PLEASE help with a step by step install for built-in audio for Jetway naf92-q67 motherboard?

I have used voodooHDA. and it creates Kernel Panic. which forces me to re-do Osx install. I have also tried ViaHDA. which didnt do anything at all.

I run Snow Leopard 10.6.8, please anybody who has had success share your method?

Have not even tried too install protools yet until the whole computer is running to its full potential.

I'd appreciate any help. Cheers.
Not what you want to hear:

1. don't try OS 10.6.8 -- go directly to Lion 10.7.4
2. ONLY use UniBeast to make your installer
3. ONLY use MultiBeast defaults

This probably forces you to use ProTools 10.2 - but that's a sure thing.

If you re-read my initial posty, my goal was for an OOB experience, and by going directly to 10.7.4 and PT 10.2 w/ UniBeast is the OOB method. All other techniques are going to be messy. Good luck.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry1990 View Post
PS -- I have not found anyone who has been happy with built in audio -- most everyone has advised me to buy a USB device -- so I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCA2...hringer+UCA222

Works perfectly.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:06 PM

Jeremyroberts,

I'm happy with the built in audio. I take a SPDIF optical out and use a decent converter and it's grand. The sample rate has to be set in the VIA Audio Deck, and that's it. With an HD 2 system and an RME card, I'm rockin three cards and can run PT & Samplitude simultaneously, which I'm doing as I type.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:21 PM

I'm somewhat confused by this.
Neither one of the Jetway boards have a SPDIF optical output.
What MB are you referring to?

AQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSB Mastering View Post
Jeremyroberts,

I'm happy with the built in audio. I take a SPDIF optical out and use a decent converter and it's grand. The sample rate has to be set in the VIA Audio Deck, and that's it. With an HD 2 system and an RME card, I'm rockin three cards and can run PT & Samplitude simultaneously, which I'm doing as I type.