Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2011, 09:24 AM

Default Re: ghost audio glitch, can't locate

Quote:
Originally Posted by basslik View Post
Try this, right before the glitch and right after clear a small region, if the glitch is gone then it's in the track, in that case revert back to the full region and zoom in and you should be able to see the glitch and simply draw out the glitch with the pencil tool.
Thanks. That was one of the first things I tried, and so now I feel like the glitch is not emanating from any recorded audio track.

I will try some things this morning to isolate the source but am very eager to hear more suggestions. Thanks!!

Eddie
Old 02-18-2011, 11:02 AM

Problem solved!!

Thanks for all your input. The source of the audio glitch was what I thought was an empty audio track which I had "Hidden and Disabled". So I enabled then deleted the track.

Thanks again, guys!

Eddie
Old 02-18-2011, 05:14 PM

LOL...... when I read your first post I said to myself, this is gonna turn out to be staring you right in the face....... I was gonna say, "turn out to be something really dumb" LOL.....but I figured that would get taken the wrong way maybe...... but that is what these things are really and it happens to all of us. Even experienced genius engineers have duzies sometimes.

Not that I am an experienced genius engineer, but I remember not having any foldback once and it was driving me potty. I mean not a blinking peep out the monitors.......I searched and searched, climbed in back of my desk to check wiring, tried different channels on the mixing board, made sure other stuff was passing audio through the board....on and on and on....... and after some point I was like....... okay, this is gonna be something really dumb!!

It was!!! My 2 year old had been putzing around with my stuff and she'd pushed the Alt Mon button, effectively muting everything. Staring me in the face the whole time. Plus I was in there when she was playing around with all my rack mounted stuff's knobs........ I just immediately thought it was some setting or other in the software that I had overlooked and went down the completely wrong path.

Glad you found the problem and hey, the thread will be helpful to anyone who reads it. Hopefully they remember it and at least look to see if they have a hidden track causing issues somewhere down the line.
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Universal Audio Apollo 8P (TB3 Option Card installed)
Old 02-19-2011, 08:35 AM

Thanks, L-Dogg! Good story. I too hope this thread is helpful to someone down the line. Thanks again to everybody that chimed in with advice.

Eddie Bishop - Musician/Videographer