Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 06:48 PM

Default When I select a region adjacent regions are also!

This is a newbie question..

In a project with 12 tracks, when I select the second one track one and three are also selected at the same time ie they go dark. If I try to trim the first one all three get trimmed! how do I stop this? I have tried using group and un group but to no avail.

Also if I have a stereo track but only have audio on the left channel. How would I go about duplicating the left channel and putting it in place of the right creating a stereo track?

I know these are stupid questions but I can't get past them.. Any help would be great!

Cheers
-Ben
Old 12-26-2006, 06:50 PM

Default Re: When I select a region adjacent regions are also!

First of all...there are no stupid questions...
For your first prob:delete all the groups you have created or disable'em all.Make sure in the group section, the All group is disabled too.
Maybe stupid answer but when you select your region, use the selection tools directly in the edit window (and not using the blue locator as a selection tool on the timeline).
For your second issue, I don't really understand if you've tried to drag a mono track in a stereo track (if yes, there's no point to waste a track for that).After if you want a kind of emulated stereo track, put your mono track on a mono track, then duplicate the track, select them both and drag it onto your stereo track.It will still sound mono anyway so shift one of them of about few samples before in Spot mode (about 0|0|007)then drag the set on the stereo track.I don't if that's what you wanted to know.Hope it helps.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:12 AM

Default Re: When I select a region adjacent regions are also!

Regarding "the darkness"...

Are the tracks grouped?

If so you need to ungroup them in both the Mix and Edit
windows.

Hope that helps...ran into that this week and folks here
helped me out.