Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2016, 07:58 AM

Default Automation Ignored In IZOTOPE Dial Denoiser

Hi All,

I am automating the reduction amount in the Izotope Dialogue Denoiser (on stereo audio track) for each clip but Pro Tools 12.5.2 HD is ignoring the changes.

I have the track in touch and have tried read too. Still the same. The fader on the plugin goes up and the audio doesn't change at all.

The only way to fix the issue is to automate the bypass to flick off and on quickly within the new parameter setting.

Any had Pro Tools ignore their automation?

I'm on a 2016 iMac running El Cap. However I have just tried it on a 2012 Mac Pro, El Cap & 12.5 HD and got the same results.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
Old 10-18-2016, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Automation Ignored In IZOTOPE Dial Denoiser

While I haven't seen this issue, a number of 3rd party plug in manufactures have seen issues with automation in Pro Tools 12.5.x - The Cargo Cult being the most notable.

The solutions seem to be to either revert to 12.4.x or upgrade to 12.6.x

Good luck.

Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheney5 View Post
Hi All,

I am automating the reduction amount in the Izotope Dialogue Denoiser (on stereo audio track) for each clip but Pro Tools 12.5.2 HD is ignoring the changes.

I have the track in touch and have tried read too. Still the same. The fader on the plugin goes up and the audio doesn't change at all.

The only way to fix the issue is to automate the bypass to flick off and on quickly within the new parameter setting.

Any had Pro Tools ignore their automation?

I'm on a 2016 iMac running El Cap. However I have just tried it on a 2012 Mac Pro, El Cap & 12.5 HD and got the same results.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Quiet Art Ltd.

I've had automation issues with Denoiser with PT10.
My solution is to always use it in Manual mode. Auto mode seems to bug out the automation.

WaveRider + Defaulter (now with LKFS)
QuietArt.co.nz

Catchin' SYNC app
Old 10-19-2016, 07:38 AM

Agreed. In auto mode the plugin is always changing the parameters and therefore always writing automation. PITA. Also noticed that control command clicking on parameters in iZotope Final mix does not bring up the automation lane in the timeline. Another PITA. Could this also be a PT version issue?
Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64GB RAM OSX 13.6, PT Ultimate 2023.12 HDn, MTRX Studio, 2x Avid S1, PT Dock...
Old 10-19-2016, 07:59 AM

I've not managed to go back to the studio and upgrade to test yet. That does make sense that the continual automation causes an issue. But if 'reduction' is the only parameter in automate I kinda hoped it would be okay.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:37 AM

I've encountered this inability to use the automation lane shortcut with Nugen and Mcdsp plugins as well. I think it has something to do with developer implementation and not Pro tools. It is also for this reason that I sometimes just grab for Avid's stock plugins, since they are faster and more solid automation-wise especially when you are not using a controller.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:22 PM

hello hello

just deactivate the six threshold automations and it should work fine. (see attached pic)
also, if you do not disable these, your undo history will grow with every pass, because in automatic mode this will write lots of control value changes.

cheers
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 22.17.48.png (53.5 KB, 0 views)
Mac Pro 14,8 M2Ultra 192GB RAM - OS X 13.6.3 - PT HDn 2023.09 Thunderbolt - HD I/O + RedNet HD32R + SYNC HD - Blackmagic SDI 4K - Mutec MC-3.2 Smart Clock HD - BSS Soundweb - Alcons CRMSmkII - ATMOS equipped Edit & Premix-Room