Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2013, 12:08 PM

Default Eleven Rack Doesn't Connect to PT11HD

Is anybody else having problems getting their Eleven Rack to connect to PT11HD? Sometimes it shows up grey'ed out in the "Window" drop down, and sometimes it doesn't show up there at all? No problem with PT10HD. Weird...
Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Doesn't Connect to PT11HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus5 View Post
Is anybody else having problems getting their Eleven Rack to connect to PT11HD? Sometimes it shows up grey'ed out in the "Window" drop down, and sometimes it doesn't show up there at all? No problem with PT10HD. Weird...
Hi,

Are you running 10.3.5 and that works ok but 11 isn't seeing it sometimes?

Any pattern to it? If you boot fresh and load 11 first does it see it?

What about booting holding down the N key then assigning it as the audio device!

Is it showing in the AMS audio midi setup? Next time it's greyed out in 11 check the the AMS and see if it's showing.

Have you installed the latest driver!!!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Are you talking about not being able to use it as an interface OR the on-screen editor not coming up?

Are you talking about the pop up that says "Eleven Rack #1" then "Eleven Rack #2 Could Not Connect"

That is because the on-screen editor is not available at this time in PT11.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-23-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Are you talking about not being able to use it as an interface OR the on-screen editor not coming up?

Are you talking about the pop up that says "Eleven Rack #1" then "Eleven Rack #2 Could Not Connect"

That is because the on-screen editor is not available at this time in PT11.
Hi to Benoni and Crizdee,

Thanks for the responses. It always shows up in the PT10 "Windows" drop down (which I can select and then use to adjust ER). It never shows up in PT11, no matter whether I've started PT10 since the last reboot or not. Rebooting the computer or restarting PT11 doesn't change anything. Sometimes I get a dialog saying its having trouble connecting to ER, sometimes it says its obtaining setup information then throws a "Can't communicate with Eleven Rack" error, but most of the time it just boots and the Eleven Rack simply doesn't show up in the "Windows" drop down. It always doesn't connect to the Eleven Rack. It always works fine in PT10. It shows up in "MIDI Input Devices" (internal and external) and is checked. There is no pattern. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Russ
Old 06-23-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Hi to Benoni and Crizdee,

Thanks for the responses. It always shows up in the PT10 "Windows" drop down (which I can select and then use to adjust ER). It never shows up in PT11, no matter whether I've started PT10 since the last reboot or not. Rebooting the computer or restarting PT11 doesn't change anything. Sometimes I get a dialog saying its having trouble connecting to ER, sometimes it says its obtaining setup information then throws a "Can't communicate with Eleven Rack" error, but most of the time it just boots and the Eleven Rack simply doesn't show up in the "Windows" drop down. It always doesn't connect to the Eleven Rack. It always works fine in PT10. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Russ
But your Eleven Rack DOES work as an interface correct? Meaning, you can record with it in PT11, you just don't have the on-screen editor. Is that correct?

If so, that is because the on-screen editor IS NOT COMPATIBLE with Pro Tools 11 at this time. Meaning you will NOT be able to adjust parameters from the screen. It is normal for the "Eleven Rack" to not show up in "WINDOW" because it is not compatible at this time.

It works in PT10 because it is compatible in PT10.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/c...m-Requirements

scroll down to "Plugin Compatibility"

Quote:
Eleven Rack UI not available in Pro Tools 11

Workaround: use Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher Pro Tools 10.x version
Open the READ ME provided with Pro Tools 11 and search "Eleven Rack"

Quote:
Eleven Rack Guitar Window not available in Pro Tools 11 (PTSW-184398)

Pro Tools 11 does not provide the Guitar Window for Eleven Rack that is available in lower versions of Pro Tools.
So, its completely normal not to have the on-screen editor. I have an Eleven Rack as well, and show just what you are talking about in this video:
Pro Tools 11 - Install, Activate, Open, w/PT 10.3.6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WADEKsvVjfU about 7:19 you will see the dialog box you are talking about.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-23-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
But your Eleven Rack DOES work as an interface correct? Meaning, you can record with it in PT11, you just don't have the on-screen editor. Is that correct?

If so, that is because the on-screen editor IS NOT COMPATIBLE with Pro Tools 11 at this time. Meaning you will NOT be able to adjust parameters from the screen. It is normal for the "Eleven Rack" to not show up in "WINDOW" because it is not compatible at this time.

It works in PT10 because it is compatible in PT10.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/c...m-Requirements

scroll down to "Plugin Compatibility"

Open the READ ME provided with Pro Tools 11 and search "Eleven Rack"

So, its completely normal not to have the on-screen editor. I have an Eleven Rack as well, and show just what you are talking about in this video:
Pro Tools 11 - Install, Activate, Open, w/PT 10.3.6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WADEKsvVjfU about 7:19 you will see the dialog box you are talking about.
Hi Benoni,

Thanks for the response. No, it does not work as an interface. It doesn't show up in the "Input" list (as it does in PT10) and when I open PT11 with a template that includes a guitar track and uses Eleven Rack as its input, "Eleven Rack" is greyed out in the "Input" field.

Thanks,
Russ
Old 06-23-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Hi Benoni,

Thanks for the response. No, it does not work as an interface. It doesn't show up in the "Input" list (as it does in PT10) and when I open PT11 with a template that includes a guitar track and uses Eleven Rack as its input, "Eleven Rack" is greyed out in the "Input" field.

Thanks,
Russ
Did you default the IO? Templates have always had the wrong IO settings for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rjk5qVFEE8

Have you installed the Drivers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jivq4bxYJwo

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-23-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
It never shows up in PT11, no matter whether I've started PT10 since the last reboot or not.
I think your referring to the GUI window here. As Benoni stated, this won't show up in PT11...yet...so don't worry about that for now.

Quote:
Sometimes I get a dialog saying its having trouble connecting to ER, sometimes it says its obtaining setup information then throws a "Can't communicate with Eleven Rack" error, but most of the time it just boots and the Eleven Rack simply doesn't show up in the "Windows" drop down. It always doesn't connect to the Eleven Rack. It always works fine in PT10. It shows up in "MIDI Input Devices" (internal and external) and is checked. There is no pattern. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Russ
In PT11 upon opening, I get the 'Loading 11R info' popup then I get a repetition saying loading info for 11R #2 (where I only have one), & get a prompt asking if I want to re-connect to 11R #2. I choose NO and the popup goes away.

At this stage the 11R is actually working properly, albeit without the GUI.

If you go to Pro Tools>Setup>Playback Engine, the 11R should be showing up in there either as the chosen engine or as a choice in the drop down menu if you are using more than one interface. If it is showing up there, providing your I/O setup is correct, you should be able to use it in PT11 notwithstanding the anomalies stated above.

Make sure your I/O is correct by; Pro Tools>Setup>I/O setup and click the default button on each of the Input/Output/Bus Tabs....click OK to close.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O

Last edited by zedhed; 06-23-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Did you default the IO? Templates have always had the wrong IO settings for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rjk5qVFEE8

Have you installed the Drivers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jivq4bxYJwo
Thanks again for the response

I am running a Mac and the link is for Windows, but I installed the driver file that was included in the PT11 download. Recall that it works fine on PT10 (and has for years). And yes, the I/O input, output and bus are all set to default.

Thanks,
Russ
Old 06-23-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
I think your referring to the GUI window here. As Benoni stated, this won't show up in PT11...yet...so don't worry about that for now.

In PT11 upon opening, I get the 'Loading 11R info' popup then I get a repetition saying loading info for 11R #2 (where I only have one), & get a prompt asking if I want to re-connect to 11R #2. I choose NO and the popup goes away.

At this stage the 11R is actually working properly, albeit without the GUI.

If you go to Pro Tools>Setup>Playback Engine, the 11R should be showing up in there either as the chosen engine or as a choice in the drop down menu if you are using more than one interface. If it is showing up there, providing your I/O setup is correct, you should be able to use it in PT11 notwithstanding the anomalies stated above.
Hi,

Thanks for the response. Yes, it does show up as an audio engine choice. However, when I select it and restart as required, the session will load as if everything is normal, but the Eleven rack still doesn't show up as an input option. There is no way to get the eleven rack signal into the session.

Thanks,
Russ