Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2008, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Solo Strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Darcy View Post
you can find some cheap deals for it, and for what it is, it's really good value.
I looked on ebay for some "cheap deals," but couldn't find any. Can you please tell me where I can a deal on the libraries from Vienna and/or Xsample?

Thanks.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdugan View Post
Can you please tell me where I can a deal on the libraries from Vienna and/or Xsample?

Thanks.
I was gonna asked that when I 1st saw this...We're not speaking of Sausage...We're speaking of the library that can cost a mere $12k +...? is that cheap?...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 09-07-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
I was gonna asked that when I 1st saw this...We're not speaking of Sausage...We're speaking of the library that can cost a mere $12k +...? is that cheap?...
Very few people would need the full package, which is what you're quoting. It's incredibly vast and inclusive as far as sample libraries go. There's a version with a very good variety of instruments from most orchestral instrument categories that sells for under $500 - I believe it's the Special Edition range.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:23 PM

I've been eyeballing the $199 Garritan Personal Orchestra http://garritan.com/GPO.html and recently saw a $99 deal here http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IKM-MIROSLAVCE, both seem to be decent entry level choices. After dumping 6 grand into my daughters braces this year, I'm glad there is something under $500 :)
Old 09-07-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Very few people would need the full package, which is what you're quoting. It's incredibly vast and inclusive as far as sample libraries go. There's a version with a very good variety of instruments from most orchestral instrument categories that sells for under $500 - I believe it's the Special Edition range.
Ok well with that being the case, we shouldn't even be talkin about Vienna if we're talkin about $500 or less...If that be the case u can try ur luck with any of them & if u know how to write actual string parts then any of them will work...Again, i say go back thru this thread & find my post of the tune I did all in Miroslav & Motu...& I CAN'T FARKIN BELIEVE HOW CHEAP MIROSLAV IS NOW...Is that really the Full Version on AMS?....JEEEEEEZZZ

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 09-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Nevermind what I said about the price of Miroslav...I see thatz the Classik version...man was I about to get a little Ticked...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 09-07-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
Ok well with that being the case, we shouldn't even be talkin about Vienna if we're talkin about $500 or less...
That logic seems backwards.

Vienna is the show-stopper. It just so happens that they now sell a package for <$500. In no way does that knock it from its place at the top of the hill, which it holds quite firmly, in fact it merely makes the best library obtainable by more people. I slutted my way through almost all of these orchestra libraries a while ago. The full Miro set, Kirk Hunter, EWQLSO Gold, Garritan, Emu's E4 samples, some others, too. Nobody, with the possible exception of EastWest (before they went to the Play engine, which is horrific), can touch Vienna. Vienna takes some mixing because it's recorded dry - no reverb - but its basic tone is incredible. Its articulations are thorough. Its programming is smart.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:19 AM

sorry for the slow response.

you don't need the full package - I bought basically an orchestral small package, and it was £160 + £20 USB key - but the key has been reused when I've bought other packs.

Just to give you an example

http://www.dv247.com/invt/32598/

this is not the one I bought, and more expensive, I'll grab the version I bought and find the price of it.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:55 AM

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item-...-VIENNASPECIAL on sale for $470