Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2004, 07:29 PM

Default Connection Avid and Protools

Hi, (I don't know to much about Audio Post Production) I was wondering exactly how I would take my edited footage from Avid (Nitris or Adrenaline) and pull it into Protools to make into surround sound and all that. Couldn't I just edit on the Avid then use a ethernet connection from the Avid computer to the Protools computer and open the video in Protools that way. Really I have no idea how to do this but I really need to mix with protools for movie theater and DVD release. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Andrew
Old 06-28-2004, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Connection Avid and Protools

If you want to mix surround in PT you will need to go TDM Mix + (++) (PT 5.1) or higher.
You can import via OMF and QT (off-line) or on-line with more expensive options.
Check the Digi products page > HD > Video options.

Good luck.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Connection Avid and Protools

Thanks, I'll look into that. Also the other question I have is what do I need to mix audio for Film (DTS, Dolby, SDDS, and Analog.). Do I need an encoder from each of these companies or can I buy something that encodes. Also, I'm looking for a Westrex Printer to print Sound Negatives if any one knows where one can be found I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, Andrew