Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2003, 03:29 PM

Default BFD

Anybody here tried BFD (from FXpansion) yet? I'm still looking for a way to get good drums (and don't want to deal with a drummer.)

$299, and can't be downloaded... grrr. It's hard to be impulsive when you have to wait.

Old 11-03-2003, 03:51 PM

Default Re: BFD

I'm in the same boat... don't know about BFD, have you tried Reel Drums? I was looking at that set as well.

Rob
Old 11-03-2003, 04:01 PM

Reeldrums is the bomb. I can't live without it.
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 11-03-2003, 04:05 PM

That's good enough for me!

Rob
Old 11-03-2003, 05:11 PM

one of my creative partners has it. It seems to be lacking allot in a solid low end on all the samples, but they do sound pretty clean.

Carl Fuehrer

Pulsar Audio Lab
Old 11-03-2003, 06:46 PM

with Reeldrums, all drums are on different tracks. You get room mics in stereo to adjust ambience. The tracks are laid out for you with regions of several bars and aligned as verse, fill, chorus, verse etc. Each verse and chorus are different. So instead of goofing around with 2 bar loops and cobbling together a drum track, you already have a 3.5 minute drum track song. To modify, simply copy and paste or cut regions. In Shuffle edit mode, all regions snap back together where they belong. I have laid out killer drum grooves in less time than it took to type this post. Since they are audio files, on separate tracks, you can tweak them with EQ, Compression, reverb on a drum by drum basis. To make it easier, all Reeldrums "songs" are already in PT session file format. Just Import Session Data and everything appears where it belongs.

No I don't work for the company. I got the software and still can't believe how good my stuff sounds with real drums in no time. I've used midi loops and just don't have the time or patience to get them in the right sequence. The downside to audio loops is changing tempo. If you have very odd tempo songs, you need midi or Serato Time and Piotch or the new WAVES tempo changer ( big bucks)
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12