Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2016, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Please update Core Audio

Of course it should be fixed....

But one can also go mac pro optical out to either optical in on an AVID I/O - or in my case to a Dangerous Source Optical in. In the first one you have to have PT running. I have been working around this for many years first with a Presonus Central Station and last few years with a Dangerous Source (optical in for itunes, analog in forPT)
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 04-08-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
This is pathetic. How much costs 1m of worlds best SP/dif cable?
That is a pathetic workaround to the problem... Why would I even use spdif?

Last edited by A1; 04-08-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
I think this is one of the most overlooked aspects of the core audio debacle, there is a vibe produced by jams in the control room.....
Exactly...
Old 04-08-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propower View Post
Of course it should be fixed....
But one can also go mac pro optical out to either optical in on an AVID I/O - or in my case to a Dangerous Source Optical in. In the first one you have to have PT running. I have been working around this for many years first with a Presonus Central Station and last few years with a Dangerous Source (optical in for itunes, analog in forPT)
I don't have an optical input on my monitor controller (Avocet)... although I have it hooked up to the Avid I/O via optical... it is redundant and unpractical.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
I don't have an optical input on my monitor controller (Avocet)... although I have it hooked up to the Avid I/O via optical... it is redundant and unpractical.
I don't know the Avocet from experience but I do know it is supposed to have great converters. A quick glance at the manual shows 3 digital i/o (look like AES) and an optical/spdif. You could easily make the output of your AVID I/O AES for mixing and tap the optical/spdif port on the mac for itunes. But - of course you know that particular piece and your set up much better than me
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 04-08-2016, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propower View Post
I don't know the Avocet from experience but I do know it is supposed to have great converters. A quick glance at the manual shows 3 digital i/o (look like AES) and an optical/spdif. You could easily make the output of your AVID I/O AES for mixing and tap the optical/spdif port on the mac for itunes. But - of course you know that particular piece and your set up much better than me
My earlier version of Avocet doesn't have optical i/o... read my previous posts.
Ayhow, does it really matter?... The Core Audio Needs to be Fixed....
Old 04-09-2016, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
.., your meaning ?

As for me ..., I've never yet owned a set of studio monitors with SP/dif inputs. I'd like to continue using the monitors I have (and know)

No iTunes / you tube etc.., is just one major P.I.T.A (using the given workaround)

..., but I also have quite a few other important things I need a working AvidCORE Audio for ...,

- fromNative Instruments, that has been screwed by AvidCore Audio.
- plus my much needed Audiofile Triumph 2.5 (mastering software) which is also screwed from AvidCORE Audio

http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/triumph/
It's obvious that 15 years old problems with core audio has been a big problem for Digidesign - Avid. Derfore people with perfect rooms, monitors and audio hardware, connect as long time SP/dif out from the studio computer with SP/dif in on the state of the art audio interfaces.

http://www.mmvstudios.com
Old 04-09-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
It's obvious that 15 years old problems with core audio has been a big problem for Digidesign - Avid. Derfore people with perfect rooms, monitors and audio hardware, connect as long time SP/dif out from the studio computer with SP/dif in on the state of the art audio interfaces.
Except of course the problem he is referring to about not playing itunes etc. On specifically Avid HD hardware interfaces and Mac OSX is not 15 years old . It started with OSX Yosemite about 2 years ago.
And it worked fine up until that OS version (so what ever your 15 year old problems are the are unrelated ) And the "work around" while certainly viable, it also has no relationship to the fact that Avid should make the drivers for their HD hardware at least able to function like they did previously

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 04-09-2016, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
Except of course the problem he is referring to about not playing itunes etc. On specifically Avid HD hardware interfaces and Mac OSX is not 15 years old . It started with OSX Yosemite about 2 years ago.
And it worked fine up until that OS version (so what ever your 15 year old problems are the are unrelated ) And the "work around" while certainly viable, it also has no relationship to the fact that Avid should make the drivers for their HD hardware at least able to function like they did previously
Exactly...
Old 04-09-2016, 01:57 PM

... the problem he is referring to about not playing itunes etc. On specifically Avid HD hardware interfaces and Mac OSX is 15 years old . It did not started with OSX Yosemite about 2 years ago.
And it did not worked fine up until that OS version.

http://www.mmvstudios.com