Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2011, 09:09 PM

Default Something weird when loading in WAV files to protools.........

whats good everybody?

so, i'm running PT 9, an a digi 003 console.....i recently tried to drag an drop a few wav files (they were actually some of the Pro Tools WAV file Loops that came with Pro Tools 9....)

anyway, for some reason, when i drop them on a track in pro tools, they play faster than what the WAV actually is.....

i tried dragging the drum loops to different tracks, an they still played way faster than what the actual WAV file sounds like.....

anyone know what this might be? or could walk me through steps to narrow it down what it might be??

thx in advance!!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Something weird when loading in WAV files to protools.........

It sounds like your sample rate might be different. Instead of "drag and drop", use the "Import Audio" function. That will convert the file into your session's audio format. You may be playing a 24/48 wav file in your 16/44 session.
Just a guess.
I hope it helps
Old 11-15-2011, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Something weird when loading in WAV files to protools.........

Strange..... sounds like the issue discussed in THIS thread, except that issue was concerning the use of the 'import audio' command that this would happen. The workaround there for correct importation was to drag and drop, but now you're saying this is happening when doing that as well, so..... Drag and drop has always worked fine for me on PT9.0.1, 10.6.8

What version of PT9 are you on specifically? What is the session SR/BD and the file SR/BD? What OS version? Have you tried trashing prefs or any other troubleshooting? Just curious about some more specific info on your system.