Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2010, 01:28 PM

Default iLok Trouble with PT8

I installed PT8.0.4 on Win7 64-bit machine and everything was working fine. Then I installed the Factory plug-ins, but Pro Tools won't authorize them because it says it can't find them on my iLok. These are definitely on my iLok as I have checked via the website. The iLok is properly installed and detected on iLok's site.

Any ideas as to what could be going wrong?
Old 10-14-2010, 01:31 PM

Default Re: iLok Trouble with PT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwogh View Post
I installed PT8.0.4 on Win7 64-bit machine and everything was working fine. Then I installed the Factory plug-ins, but Pro Tools won't authorize them because it says it can't find them on my iLok. These are definitely on my iLok as I have checked via the website. The iLok is properly installed and detected on iLok's site.

Any ideas as to what could be going wrong?
Have you checked to make sure your ilok and pace drivers are up to date?

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-14-2010, 01:57 PM

On the Pace site... Are you sure you are reading the ilok and not the authorizations waiting to be placed on the ilok?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-14-2010, 01:59 PM

Are you sure you installed the right "Factory Bundle"? One is for the MBox and one for the "00" units. If you bought the MBox with a factory bundle, but installed the Factory Bundle for the "00", those extra plugins for the "00" won't be on your iLok.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 10-15-2010, 07:08 AM

I installed the 003 Factory bundle.

The licenses are on the iLok.

I have installed the latest iLok drivers, but don't know of any PACE drivers. They aren't even on PACE's website.

Any other ideas?
Old 10-15-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I installed the 003 Factory bundle.
OK. Did you purchase the 003 factory bundle? You have an 003?

Quote:
The licenses are on the iLok.
You were able to check that by logging into www.ilok.com and synchronizing your ilok? If so then the drivers are installed correctly. ilok.com need both the client software and the drivers to work properly.

Quote:
but don't know of any PACE drivers. They aren't even on PACE's website.
www.paceap.com
In the top right corner it says "Download Drivers" and there are buttons for "Mac" and "Windows".

Which plugin(s), specifically, are you having problems with? (I know "the ones in the factory bundle" but which one(s)?

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Old 10-18-2010, 09:12 AM

I did purchase the 003 factory and have had no problem with plug-ins in previous installs.

I get the error when trying to authorize plug-ins on start-up: Classic Compressor, Fairchild 660, Moogerfooger, and Soundreplacer.

The problem seems to be that these actually aren't on my iLok, but I don't know why. I've used Moogerfooger plug-ins in the past, but the name is slightly different than the plug-in that Pro Tools is trying to access.

There is clearly a newer Factory bundle than I have gotten before and my iLok hasn't been updated. My question now becomes how do I do that? I can't seem to figure this out on the Avid website.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
There is clearly a newer Factory bundle than I have gotten before and my iLok hasn't been updated. My question now becomes how do I do that?
You need to purchase the 003 Factory Bundle upgrade for $30.

Of the plugins you mentioned, half of the latest classic compressors bundle, half of the Moogerfooger bundle, the fairchild stuff, and soundreplacer were not in the original bundle. They will not be on your iLok because they were not included back then.

Purchasing that $30 upgrade will rectify that situation.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:31 AM

I am having a different problem with my iLok. It authorized the Factory plugins but I installed the "mp3 option" from the installer disk and the digitranslator I think it's called but those are not on my iLok. It says I can authorize via little card I can put into the iLok that would have the information on it....but I can't seem to find the little card (looks like a T-Mobile simm card according to the iLok pdf file on the installer disk). I have an authorization number for "3rd party content" that came on a written card but I can't find where to enter that....any ideas???
Old 10-20-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistruth View Post
I am having a different problem with my iLok.
No offense, but if you are having a different problem, why did you not post a separate post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistruth View Post
It authorized the Factory plugins but I installed the "mp3 option" from the installer disk and the digitranslator I think it's called but those are not on my iLok. It says I can authorize via little card I can put into the iLok that would have the information on it....but I can't seem to find the little card (looks like a T-Mobile simm card according to the iLok pdf file on the installer disk). I have an authorization number for "3rd party content" that came on a written card but I can't find where to enter that....any ideas???
Sadly, even though it seemed to be a good idea at the time, not many vendors used the sim-card like authorization for the ilok. There are definitely none that I know of currently.

As far as I am aware, the MP3 Option and the Digitranslator only come with the "Factory Complete" bundle for the 003/003R. Did you purchase the "Factory Complete" bundle? Or just the "Factory Bundle"

The MP3 Option is also included in the Music Production Toolkit, The DV Toolkit, and the Complete Production Toolkit.
The Digitranslator is also included in the DV Toolkit, and the Complete Production Toolkit.

If you did not purchase a "Factory Complete" package, or one of the toolkits, then they would not be included.