Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2024, 08:42 AM

Default I Need a 'Hotkey' to Jump to a Region

Please forgive this post to Protools 9, but it's the closest one to my version of ProTools, which is Protools 8. I have a huge audio record of sentences spoken by a hearing child of deaf parents learning to talk, and I need to measure the number of msec occupied by sentences of particular types. I have isolated nearly all of his sentences as regions in Protools that appear on the right of my screen. When I find one of the sort I need to measure in that list on the right, it would be much more convenient if I there were a keystroke, or combination of keystrokes that would position me directly on the portion of the audio record where that region resides. Without such a key I must scroll continuously along the main track until I find it.

(I am running Protools on a 64-bit Windows 11 PC, but I suspecct the detail of my system are irrelevant.)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old 03-07-2024, 02:38 PM

Default Re: I Need a 'Hotkey' to Jump to a Region

I don't remember the specifics of PT8 but look in Preferences for "Edit selection follows Region List selection". (It's in the "Editing" tab of Preferences in modern PT)

You can also try right-clicking on the region in the list to see if there is a command to select that object in the Edit window. I don't remember if its there in 8 but worth a shot.