Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2008, 08:14 PM

Default This is getting to be a serious pain!!!

OK...I posted an issue that I had a few weeks back. The problem - During an editing session, or tracking for that matter, some of my active regions won't move, they'll lock so I can't move them or do anything to them. (Theres no lock icon or anything close to indicating that this SHOULD BE whats happening) Then sometimes my fades will get all wacky, but thats the least of my worries right now. So when this region problem rears its ugly head, I have to shut down PT and trash all my prefs and digi dbs and all the other crap that goes along with it. This is starting to really piss me off!!!

So when I trash my prefs and dbs, the problem goes away for like 12 hours, then the next day during an edit session, it does it again!!! Talk about one of the most annoying problems ever! So I have to go through all this crap to get my session back up and running, meanwhile, my client is sitting over my shoulder thinking.."what the hell, this guys system sucks"! I tell you, I made the switch from HD3 on PT 5.3 to HD3 Accel on 7.4 and I must say, the old (5.3) system was much more reliable and rock solid than what they have out now!!! I would've never made the switch if it weren't for the cool new plugs coming out.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone know a fix for it?

Sorry for complaining but its legit and a serious pain in the ass!!! If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

Marty
Old 07-07-2008, 08:36 PM

Default Re: This is getting to be a serious pain!!!

I think the main thing is to be sure that you have a qualified configuration as far as machine, OS X, PT version, and plug-ins. I have never experienced the symptom you are describing. Can you post your configuration?
Old 07-08-2008, 07:09 AM

I don't know how to solve your problem but if you don't have it already, try this for now...

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...part=1#1116324

It's the link to the program that deletes the pref and data bases.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Avid

We would definitley need complete configuration info to see what we're working with. Having a problem like that this often is unusual and is likely caused by some component of the system (incompatible/outdated plug-ins come to mind first.).

If you're on Tiger, you can use the Tech Support Folder to generate a plug-in version list and paste it into your reply.