Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2003, 04:57 PM

Default Wave Drive for MBox with Windows XP Pro

I have already install wave drive for MBox at my computer but its nor workin correctely. I am using windows xp professional. I can hear sounds from windows thrue MBox but with a lot of noise. I tried to use winamp to hear some musics in Mp3, but I couldn´t becouse the noise. I tried to change sample rate and reinstal pro tools 5.3.3. but it was ansucessefuly. Anyone can help me? Thanks very much.
Old 02-18-2003, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Wave Drive for MBox with Windows XP Pro

Where can I find this firmware? How can I do?? Thanks very much
Old 02-18-2003, 06:44 PM

This firmware is only for Mac?? because I am using Windows XP... Any Ideia?? Thanks
Old 02-18-2003, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rufino:
Where can I find this firmware? How can I do?? Thanks very much
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">C:\Program Files\Digidesign\Pro Tools\Pro Tools Utilities\

Just double-click on the firmware updater inside that folder and follow the instructions.

Mike
- PreSonus Quantum 2 - PreSonus Studio 24c - Mackie Onyx 1640i
- Samsung T3 and T5 SSDs - Various USB2/3 and Firewire HDDs
Old 02-19-2003, 05:40 AM

Now is updated to firmware 20 and no ASIO drive is installed, but still not workin property... Any ideia what it should be? When I am using Pro Tools its working correctly, but is playing windows sound with noises. Help please!! Tks
Old 02-19-2003, 06:42 AM

Any other idea?
Old 02-19-2003, 05:50 PM

Hello. Rufino sorry for getting back late. Two things I want to get to first however. One relates to DUC courtesy and habits, and the other to the actual function of the DUC.

First, it's quite inconsiderate to post every other second for an answer. It feels like a two year old kid yelling and screaming at their Mom to give them candy. While people tend to respond quickly when possible, you will exasperate a significant portion of the users by posting incessantly every minute for an answer. Which leads me to number two.

Second, this is the Digidesign User Conference. Emphasis on USER. That means we are not Digidesign. We are not technical support. If you are having a problem that is critical and it is causing you great distress or is an emergency, contact Technical Support by phone. It is quicker and more efficient. In some cases, it may be your only choice. The purpose of this forum is for users to exchange information and help each other out. But that can not replace technical support. If you are having a problem that needs immediate assistance, call technical support.

Your member number tells me you are fairly new, so maybe you didn't know this, which is why I'm taking the time to clear it up.

Now to your problem. The two things that usually fix a problem similar to yours are the firmware update and uninstalling ASIO. Let me ask you, can you hear audio? Is it just noisy? Because if the Mbox is situated close to your CPU, Monitor, etc. it could just be picking this up. Are you going to an amp and then speakers, or do you have active speakers? Are you using studio monitors or computer audio? I don't remember if you told us what computer you have, motherboard, OS version, etc. Sometimes a clean install helps. If you give us some more info, we may be able to help. Ultimately however, technical support may be your best bet. Good luck, and keep asking questions, just not every other minute.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:04 PM

After reading his posts a couple of times, I think the problem is that the Windows System sounds are coming through the M-Box, but with lots of noise.

The Wave Driver (which you should install last in the PT install sequence) is the active ingredient in making the 001 play Windows System sounds, although Digi suggests that you turn that stuff off, anyway, in Start> Control Panel> Sounds and Audio Devices.

If you insist on playing them anyway, then by tabbing through that same menu you should be able to choose the M-Box from the drop-down menus in each audio category.

Configured this way, My 001 can play Windows honks and bells and boings, as well as Media Player duties.