Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2010, 07:01 AM

Default How do I revert back to an older version of ProTools LE

I've just installed the 8.0.4 update but when I tried to start ProTools I got the "Unable to locate DigiDesign hardware" error message.

After looking around for a bit to see what the problem was I realised I've been stupid and not read the download notes which state that the new update is not compatible with the original MBox!

So...

How do I uninstall 8.0.4 and revert back to 8.0?

Thanks for reading...
Old 08-18-2010, 07:30 AM

Default Re: How do I revert back to an older version of ProTools LE

U just uninstall it & revert back; U obviously don't have a backup clone nor image so thatz ur only option... Make sure u get rid of everything tho...

U always wanna clone or make an image before updating|upgrading software like this.. (for future ref)

WELCOME TO THE FORUM...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 08-18-2010, 09:35 AM

Default Re: How do I revert back to an older version of ProTools LE

I just uninstalled 8.0.4 and reverted to 8.0.3. Upon launching 8.0.3, I found that, for some reason, the latest versions of Strike, Velvet, Hybrid, and Transfuser were gone and were replaced with earlier versions, which I didn't have authorizations for. (I've purchased the Instrument Expansion Pack, so I have authorizations for the latest versions only.)

When I uninstalled 8.0.4, I chose the option to uninstall everything. I got some kind of warning saying that PT may not be be compatible with other AVID products or something like that, but I didn't thing the Expansion Pack would be affected. This may be why I lost those Instruments. (Who knows?)

Anyway, this may be something for you to consider when you uninstall 8.0.4.