Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 08:50 AM

Default DINR TDM (PT7.3cs1 - HD3 PCIe / Mac Pro)

Hi,

I seem to have to be having a problem with the DINR TDM plugin, im only able to run one instance of the plugin on a session (mono, stereo or aux) that actually works.

The first instance works correctly audio passes through and i can use the sliders and reduce the hiss that i need the plugin to do, but when I call a second or third instance on other tracks or aux, it loads up on the insert of the track, but there is total silence no audio passes at all, DINR doesnt detect any audio.

Is this normal? I read the plugin guide and i found no mention of only a single instance. If any of you can test this and let me know if its just my setup, should i be loading DINR on a aux and using sends to bus each track i may require broadband reduction to it?

Best Regards
Craig Timmis
Old 02-26-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: DINR TDM (PT7.3cs1 - HD3 PCIe / Mac Pro)

anyone? surely someone on 7.3.1 has this plug?

Thanks
Craig Timmis
Old 02-28-2007, 02:46 AM

Hi,

After more testing, it appears that the DINR TDM plug doesn't work even on a previous working track if a session is closed and re-opened. I can sometime get it to work again by unloading it off a insert of the track and putting it back on.

This is all very annoying, basically DINR TDM is unusable on PT 7.3.1cs1, just don't know what else to try, it just has to be major BUG problem with this, can someone please acknowledge the same behaviour, im going to submit a formal tech support request, as getting no answers here from any digidesign tech staff,

Right in the middle of mixing a client track, got several noisy acoustic guitar takes i want to DINR in various ways ...

thanks
Craig Timmis
Old 10-18-2007, 07:51 PM

Did you ever figure out what the deal with this was. I have only used the plugin a couple of times but remember some odd behavior like this in cs1. Now I am on 7.3.1cs5 and can't even get the plug to work at all as an insert on any track. It just comes up and does nothing. The audio on the track where it is inserted no longer plays. I have tried changing bussing, changing i/o, changing system settings, relaunching pro tools, restarting the computer. All that jazz. And the plug version is 7.3

Any resolution?
Old 10-18-2007, 09:02 PM

I've had this problem too... Seems like the offline (AudioSuite) version works, but the TDM version is very unpredictable. The learn function especially seems flaky...

Cheers, eh?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:35 AM

Hi,
I don't want to be the "know-it-all" but are you still using DINR? I experienced much better results with more modern plug-ins from nearly every plug-in manufacturer who produces restoration plug-ins. DINR's technology is more than 10 years old and doesn't sound uptodate to me.

As far as I remember there are two different processes DINR can be used for:
-broadband noise reduction
-hum removal
The first can be a realtime process, the latter is AudioSuite only (if I remember correct)

Kind regards

Mark
Old 10-19-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Hi,
I don't want to be the "know-it-all" but are you still using DINR? I experienced much better results with more modern plug-ins from nearly every plug-in manufacturer who produces restoration plug-ins. DINR's technology is more than 10 years old and doesn't sound uptodate to me.

As far as I remember there are two different processes DINR can be used for:
-broadband noise reduction
-hum removal
The first can be a realtime process, the latter is AudioSuite only (if I remember correct)

Kind regards

Mark
Care to share your knowledge?

DAS
Old 10-19-2007, 11:19 AM

Hi,
no, I don't care. I tested the Waves Restoration Suite, Wave Arts Restoration Suite, TC Electronic Restoration Plugs and even cheap systems like one from Magix (Cleaning Lab Deluxe) bring much better results with less artifacts.
I don't blame DINR. It was good when it was new because better solutions like NoNoise or Cedar were much more expensive. But ten years is a very long time in noise reduction technology and a lot changed. But sadly DINR didn't...

Kind regards

Mark