Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2010, 01:13 AM

Default Re: PT HD 8.0.3 Access Violation has Occurred!

This happen to me to I have PTLE 8.03 on Mac 10.5.8
it seems with no reason, very often when i hit key commands and zoom in.
The only think i can do is force to quit PTLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML_Music View Post
I'm getting access violation errors daily! It usually happens when I'm operating PT a bit fast.. in other words, when I'm hitting keycommands and mouse clicks very close in succession.

I'm using PT. HD 8.0.3 on Mac OS X 10.5.8.

MacBook Pro 17" 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB
macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Pro Tools LE 12.6.1

modiomedia.com

Old 06-25-2010, 07:53 AM

Just had it again. I already filed a bug-report to AvidSupport.
In case you're interested, here's what happened:

After shift/scrollwheeling on my d-command within the EditWindow, all of the sudden I had an AccessViolation. After a restart of my MacPro, the same happened again and the lower part of the edit window was messed up (see screenshot). As soon as I scrolled again, the AccessViolation message popped up again.
I could only get rid of it by using the latest autobackup session.
I'm working on this song/session since a couple of weeks and had no problems before.

Here's a link to the screenshot:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/427719/Scree...36.41%20PM.pdf
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 06-25-2010, 11:09 AM

Wink Re: PT HD 8.0.3 Access Violation has Occurred!

Couldn't make more than 10 moves or so before I got the access violation. The thing that stopped it for me(so far) has been to trash my fade files and empty my trash. There was a ton in the trash and in the fade files folder.

So far so good.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:36 PM

- this bug has to get fixed Digi !!! wtf...all the time dammit...
Old 06-27-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Did you originally install Snow Leopard over Leopard, or did you do a clean install?

As with the Tiger to Leopard upgrade, we're seeing reports of odd behavior when doing an OS install over a previous OS. Doing a clean install of a new OS is always the way to go to avoid possible problems.
You are always welcome to come in and clean install my OS and all my plugins and all my apps and all my authorizations and all my settings and preferences. If you find that easier than writing software that actually works as software is supposed to, of course.

They should de-certify any program that can't survive an OS upgrade vs. a clean install. You shouldn't be allowed to sell it until it works. Good luck telling people they have to wipe their iphones/ipads first if they want to run your apps, if you ever get around to writing for those platforms.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:48 AM

just got "the message "
I was consolidating a bunch of tracks for editing and I went to "select all" to create a playist of the original files before I consolidated .
the playlist tracks came up without the proper names ..instead of Bass it read Audio 1 for ex.
Froze up with the Access Violation message .
Now ..i`m just a guitarist with limited computer knowledge .. but I do produce a touring artist and do have to submit a song finished nicely this week .
SO .. Should PT put a warning on the box .."You must have detailed practical knowledge of computer diagnostics to operate this product"?

because I`m in the unfortunate position of not understanding 2/3 of the fixes being recommended here (which don`t seem to be fixing things)
I`ll try what I can and hope .

Brand new MacBook Pro 17"i7
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0A
SMC Version (system): 1.57f17
Serial Number (system): C02CW0Exxxxx
Hardware UUID: 6E54CC39-60F8-5758-AA07-06331C886426
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

MBox2 Pro
bought pt 8 ...updated it to 8.01 on my previous laptop ... updated to 8.03 on the new laptop.
I never uninstalled it from the previous laptop . Could there be a problem because I`m running the same software on 2 computers?

could someone at least instruct me on how to collect the data that is needed to file a report ?

thanks , PAul
Old 08-23-2010, 10:39 AM

What I found out so far was that erasing Parameter Ram helped a loooooot here !!!

Start your Mac, keep alt/cmnd/p/r pressed and let it try to start up 2 or 3 times. After 2nd or 3rd "AppleStartSound" release the keys.

Also, today I couldn't load a session in anymore. PT was showing the "low memory" error. After a couple of restarts I finally could removethe one instance of Hybrid-VI. This helped. Since no Hybrid, all is fine.

Also trash prefs and repair disc permissions.
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 08-23-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanswurstlsepp View Post
What I found out so far was that erasing Parameter Ram helped a loooooot here !!!

Start your Mac, keep alt/cmnd/p/r pressed and let it try to start up 2 or 3 times. After 2nd or 3rd "AppleStartSound" release the keys.

Also, today I couldn't load a session in anymore. PT was showing the "low memory" error. After a couple of restarts I finally could removethe one instance of Hybrid-VI. This helped. Since no Hybrid, all is fine.

Also trash prefs and repair disc permissions.
thanks Steff ,
I`m a bit ashamed to admit , I don`t know exactly what you`re talking about but I`m saving your response for any possible relapses .
For now .. I closed PT , put the computer to sleep ...opened the session . removed the plug ins and started over. It`s working now .
p
Old 08-23-2010, 10:33 PM

I am getting them as well. Usually only on big sessions. Or when I am moving fast. I think this has something to do with the way PT is allocating memory. I cannot explain it other than the fact that it seems like a memory problem. My ram is good. My install is clean. hmmm.

anyone else still having this or is it still on going?
Old 08-24-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahmBoomAh View Post
thanks Steff ,
I`m a bit ashamed to admit , I don`t know exactly what you`re talking about but I`m saving your response for any possible relapses .
For now .. I closed PT , put the computer to sleep ...opened the session . removed the plug ins and started over. It`s working now .
p
Sleep mode is not supported and will definitely cause problems.