Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2010, 08:01 AM

Default Re: "Some regions had invalid bounds and were adjusted or deleted"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
My point is that this particular issue is not a problem that we have to worry about. It is annoying but does no actual harm. There are some other issues with 8.0.4 that disrupt the workflow in real ways occasionaly but this is not one of them. All of that info is in the body of the rest of this thread. No need to not go ahead and do your work if this particular anomaly is the only one that you are concerned about.
Hi Werner

I know Digi have found a specific problem with undo queues but at exactly the same time this bug emerged, I've had other things happen that are triggering the "Some regions had invalid bounds" dialog when I reopen a session. I NEVER had this prior to 8.0.4

I'm getting valid regions becoming corrupt in some way and then being removed from the session by the "Some regions had invalid bounds" dialog when I reopen.

They are still on disk but any reference to them in the session, both in the region list and edit window is getting lost. Regions are going missing from my session in other words. So OK, I've not had missing files but regions disappearing from the session is NOT good.

The other day I was editing the start of a region and bang, it greyed out and jumped to italics in the region list. When I reopened the session, the "Some regions had invalid bounds" dialog deleted any reference to it in the session.

Watch it happen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ML1EFmevs

Prior to the region start edit in the video, the region played back just fine.

I have NO idea if this is related to undo queues but to me it's an issue nonetheless!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:40 PM

Hey Dave, yah your situation is for sure a troubling one. The fact that it's onset coincides with the start of your using 8.0.4 is worth noting but, as Avid Tech has noted, there is still no indication that any of these problems are related to the missing regions dialog. Obviuosly, that doesn't make your issue suck any less. I've been using 8.0.4 since it came out and have had the missing regions message but have no other issues whatsoever. I'm running big sessions with lots of audio and some VI's.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:37 AM

Werner
I'm sure you're probably right that it's just coincidence.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:44 AM

The only 8.04 system I've been using is my LE system. This "error" happens quite often on that system too ........ it didn't happen in 8.03 (cs2 I believe was my last version). To this point I haven't noticed any missing active/playlist regions.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:56 PM

Seeing it on many sessions now. Just opened a session, but my previous edits from last visit were missing. All the correct audio was in the audio files including a piece of tuned audio from within the edit. Session save time was after the audio record times.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:28 PM

Should have said...OS 10.6.4 and PT 8.0.4
Old 08-10-2010, 11:23 PM

I am having it on just about every session. Very embarrassing with clients there. Hey what is that all about? Oh nothing the software is acting up but the audio seems fine. Seems fine. Hmmm. Trust goes down a bit. Not ideal in working situation. Digi any word on this? Need a fix fast.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:26 PM

Have also had a few where it loses the audio for small snippets in the session. I have to pull it in from another session and re edit the [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] I spent hours getting in shape. Just sucks really. Need to fix now. Pretty bad feeling not knowing if the session is going to open like the last time you saved it. Feels cheap and a bit thin.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by definitionarts View Post
Seeing it on many sessions now. Just opened a session, but my previous edits from last visit were missing. All the correct audio was in the audio files including a piece of tuned audio from within the edit. Session save time was after the audio record times.
To understand you right, You mean you already re-recorded the now missing edits in to another track?
Old 08-11-2010, 03:17 PM

The audio within the edit was still on the drive but the new edit regions in the session had gone.