Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2010, 12:26 PM

Default pre roll delay

when I hit pre roll when recording it is throwing off the timing of the audio. When I hit play it is fine.

Help

Any suggestions?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:30 PM

Default Re: pre roll delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by music View Post
Any suggestions?
Sure.. more info. Which audio is out of sync, what you are listening to, or whats going down?
System?
Is it out of sync when recording without pre roll on?
ADC on?
....... gonna be hard to answer a vague question. ff
Old 07-24-2010, 12:41 PM

ADC on. It is only when I hit record. If I have the pre roll on and play it is perfect. When I record enable and record it throws the audio off and out of time so a punch is impossible. I am on Mac 10.6.3 Quad Core with PT 8.0.4.

Thanks
Old 07-24-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
ADC on. It is only when I hit record. If I have the pre roll on and play it is perfect. When I record enable and record it throws the audio off and out of time so a punch is impossible. I am on Mac 10.6.3 Quad Core with PT 8.0.4.

Thanks
Do you have a finalizer or other "large" plugs on your master buss?.. or other submix aux's AND what other troubleshooting have you already tried?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:59 PM

No. I have the plugs I have been using for years and have never had any problems with. No finalizer either. I have deleted prefs and repaired permissions and restarted the computer. When I hit play all is good with the pre roll. When I hit record the audio is off time a little bit and no longer matches the drum tracks. Hit play only and all is ok. I seems to happening only when I hit record. I am wondering if there is a preference somewhere that I need to turn on or off or if there is some other maintenance I am missing to do to the system.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:19 PM

I think I may have gotten it. I did the prefs trash a second time and it got it for now. My question is why did it happen in the first place? Digi?
Old 07-24-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I think I may have gotten it. I did the prefs trash a second time and it got it for now. My question is why did it happen in the first place? Digi?
Are you using the app at the top of the page to delete prefs, etc....?
This process is standard maintenance as things just happen ..... doing it once a month keeps my rig free of a lot of "funny" behavior.. this being one of them
Old 07-24-2010, 06:24 PM

Yeah, that is what I used. It works great but it happened twice today. Hit preroll then record and audio was out of sync with the rest of the song. Hit just play and it worked fine. Cleared prefs etc. using app at top of page and restarted, everything fine. Then it happened again about an hour or so later. Cleared the prefs and all was fine again.

Digi why are the prefs getting corrupt.

Formfunction, thanks for taking the time to offer some suggestions. Very Cool.
Old 07-25-2010, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Yeah, that is what I used. It works great but it happened twice today. Hit preroll then record and audio was out of sync with the rest of the song. Hit just play and it worked fine. Cleared prefs etc. using app at top of page and restarted, everything fine. Then it happened again about an hour or so later. Cleared the prefs and all was fine again.

Digi why are the prefs getting corrupt.

Formfunction, thanks for taking the time to offer some suggestions. Very Cool.
Hi,

Try using "save copy in" to create a new session! incase this session is corrupted somehow.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
doing it once a month keeps my rig free of a lot of "funny" behavior.. this being one of them
We have this app as start object. So with every boot we clear the prefs etc.

Just a though.
Timothy