Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2022, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Uad apollo 8 and pro tools studio problem

Cable and TB card. Reseat the card. Change the TBolt cable.

If it isn't clocking from an external clock, then its losing it in the connection.

My guess of course, but the rule is 95 percent of the time it is cable seems like it applies here.
Almost every plugin
Old 06-16-2022, 05:19 AM

I swapped the TB2 card back in and I got it to work. Gonna reconnect the TB3 card to verify if it's the card. Gratitude to everyone for the assistance.
Old 06-16-2022, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thdisciple View Post
I swapped the TB2 card back in and I got it to work. Gonna reconnect the TB3 card to verify if it's the card. Gratitude to everyone for the assistance.
Good to hear. If it happens again with the TB3 card, you could have a bad card. Or at least one that has started too fail.
Almost every plugin
Old 06-24-2022, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thdisciple View Post
I'm having issues with the audio cutting off and back on periodically while playing Pro Tools. you can actually hear the interface clicking off and on as if it's being disconnected or switching sample rates something (but it's not switching sample rates to be clear). I have updated to the latest UAD software and the latest version of Pro Tools Studio, running OS X 10.15.7 which from what I read is compatible. I have 2 Apollo 8's with thunderbolt3 card option installed on both and have tried switching the ports on the CPU and changing numerous cables to attempt to narrow the problem down which now appears only to happen when using Pro tools. Need assistance badly, I have project deadlines to make. This only happenedd when upgrading to Protools Studio. I even tried downgrading to v2021.12 but when I did that I got no sound at all and the unit still clicks i/o.
I have similar issues. Pro Tools Studio 22.5, Monterey 12.4, MacBook Pro 2018.
Whichever sample rate I set up before recording a track, ProTools plays back the recorded material like the sample rate is wrong (speeding up the audio). I thought it was my Apollo x8. I reset the hardware, uninstalled the UAD software and re-installed it back. No way to record correctly. I tried to play the test back in another DAW, and the playback is always wrong. At that point, I did the last test. I recorded using Ableton Live 10.1.4... the test recording is perfect! I assume at this point that the problem is ProTools. How is that possible? I wrote to the UAD support, but I think at this point that it is not their business.