How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2012, 04:57 AM

Default Problem wiht Eleven LE after installing 10.3

Hi guys,

I just installed 10.3 and after reboot I started PT 10.3 for the first time.
I got a message I need to authorize Eleven ??!! weird. I canceled this and let it continue, then I had a crash ...access violation blah blah ... I needed to kill it via the Windwos Task Manager. I signed onto my ilok account on ilok.com and checked my ilok, it read out fine and could see my license for Eleven LE. So I started PT again. After a little while there was the message again to authorize Eleven. Cancled this once more and then it came with the question to move the dpm to the unused plug folder. I did not do that of course. All my other ilok authorized plugs seem to work fine.

I checked the DAE\Plug-Ins folder to check what is going on here and noticed... wowsie.... a whole lot of Eleven dpm files are there. Eleven Delay UI to Tuner UI etc, but also 'Eleven Free.dpm', 'Eleven LE.dpm' and 'Eleven.dpm'.

The question is... should I move the 'Eleven Free.dpm' and the 'Eleven.dpm' along with their rsr files to the unused folder and my issue is gone ?

Thanks for your input
i7 5820K @ 3.3Ghz, 32Gb, Windows 7 Ulimate 64, 1x M.2 512 SSD, 1x Spinpoint F1 1TB, 2x Spinpoint F3 1TB, ProjectMix IO, Axiom Pro61, PreSonus Monitor Station,SM ProAudio Stage Buddy, KRK VXT6, AKG K271, SE220A, PT 12.4.0, AMT IEP, Omnisphere, Trilian, EWQL CCC, EWQL Spaces, Ministry Of Rock, Gypsy, Fab Four, NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, NI Maschine, ProjectSAM Orchestral Essentials, Waves V9 Musician 1, Morphoder, CL4

Old 09-17-2012, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Problem wiht Eleven LE after installing 10.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludia View Post
Hi guys,

I checked the DAE\Plug-Ins folder to check what is going on here and noticed... wowsie.... a whole lot of Eleven dpm files are there. Eleven Delay UI to Tuner UI etc, but also 'Eleven Free.dpm', 'Eleven LE.dpm' and 'Eleven.dpm'.

The question is... should I move the 'Eleven Free.dpm' and the 'Eleven.dpm' along with their rsr files to the unused folder and my issue is gone ?

You should move the Eleven.dpm file along with the associated .rsr file to the unused plug-in folder and your issue should be gone.

You do not however have to move the Eleven Free files. If you have Eleven LE though, you will most likely not be using Eleven Free as Eleven LE has many more options than the free version. Personally, I moved my Eleven Free files to my unused plug-in folder.

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:11 AM

Hi Lou,

Thanks for the heads-up. I did this now and guess what, no more questions during startup BUT no Eleven LE in my insert list .
Like I mentioned before I seemed to have all my plugs but just now I tried to load my Yamaha Piano from East West and all of a sudden I can't select my gold instrument anymore just the silver.. I'm going nuts. Working with midi and VI's is a pain though. When making a VI inactive I had already three times an Assertion error. I also noticed when I print a VI and switch on eleastic audio then my waveform of the printed clip is gone... it still plays but graphically it's gone.

Sigh, I think I need to revert to 10.2...there is a lot not okay with this update so it seems
i7 5820K @ 3.3Ghz, 32Gb, Windows 7 Ulimate 64, 1x M.2 512 SSD, 1x Spinpoint F1 1TB, 2x Spinpoint F3 1TB, ProjectMix IO, Axiom Pro61, PreSonus Monitor Station,SM ProAudio Stage Buddy, KRK VXT6, AKG K271, SE220A, PT 12.4.0, AMT IEP, Omnisphere, Trilian, EWQL CCC, EWQL Spaces, Ministry Of Rock, Gypsy, Fab Four, NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, NI Maschine, ProjectSAM Orchestral Essentials, Waves V9 Musician 1, Morphoder, CL4

Old 09-17-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludia View Post
Hi Lou,

Thanks for the heads-up. I did this now and guess what, no more questions during startup BUT no Eleven LE in my insert list .

Sigh, I think I need to revert to 10.2...there is a lot not okay with this update so it seems
I'm sorry PT 10.3 is not working out. There are a couple of things that are not totally right in 10.3 for me but not enough to revert back to 10.2.

May I ask, when you check the Digidesign plug in folder (under Common Files), are the Eleven LE .dpm and .dpm.rsr files present?

If so, you should find Eleven LE under the Harmonic insert menu. Note (as you probably already know), that Eleven LE will only be present on a mono track.

Good luck,

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:11 AM

Hi Lou,

Yeah, it's a bummer PT 10.3 is acting up way more then I ever had before... coming from 7.4 - 8 - 9 - 10.

Aah well... it is a hobby not my living fortunately.

Weirdness all over, this morning starting up the stuff and hurayyyy Eleven LE was present
Now only need to figure out what is going on with my gold instruments of EWQL, this is realy annoying