Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2011, 04:12 PM

Default SC48 User Partition Error

"User partition could not be found. Recommends System Restore" What would cause this? The console then boots up completely blank.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:42 PM

Hey Sheldon or service, need your help please on this one. Were in the middle of a show as we were able to load an ok how file from our jumpdrive after the console came up with a clear file. What causes this message and is the stability of this issue gonna get us through the next 4 hours?
Old 01-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Avid

Default Re: SC48 User Partition Error

Hi guys,

The "user Partition" relates to the hard drive, but it's difficult to say exactly what the issue could be without further diagnostics. If you're up and running and the hard drive were to fail the console will kick into its backup mode, allowing you to continue to mix in a scaled back way - faders and mutes.

For urgent matters (like this!) feel free to call the support line at 650-731-6111.

Sheldon
Old 01-17-2011, 07:08 PM

Default Re: SC48 User Partition Error

Hey Sheldon,

Ok, I got it home and started it back up. This time, it gave me several error messages telling me that critical components could not be started and asked me to try again or continue. After several attempts at each option it gave me, it never did start up at all. I re-installed to factory settings and now everything works perfect. I am very confused as to what would have caused this harddrive error to the extent of not being able to startup at all, but now after re-installing everything, all is fine. Does this sound like the typical hardware problem? System test shows all tests passed with no failures after console restore. Should I be concerned that this happen again? Could is be a faulty HD? Thanks!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:02 AM

Any help on this would be much appreciated. What would cause the console to boot up, give me a user partition error, startup with a clear console without any user saved anything, accept an old showfile and work fine. Then the very next day, when booting up, gave several error messages saying that critical components could not be found and would not boot up at all. A system restore worked perfectly and now I'm up and running just fine. Anyone had this happen? Thx.