Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2010, 09:59 PM

Default Am i crazy or is something really wrong?

Alright i got PT HD 8 on 11/27 of this year. Got the ilok hooked up and going and started with sessions. Today i look at my account (on avid's site) and i see the only thing registered with my HD is the back up license. Now shouldn't HD 8 itself be registered and i be able to download if needed from my account? I checked the box i got and there is no registration card and the box was wrapped in plastic and not opened. Is there something wrong or is this right because i should be able to get PT HD 9 for free but don't see that option.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Am i crazy or is something really wrong?

Unless I forgot, You still need to actively register your system through avid. The I-Lok account only holds new licenses for you to download to your I-loks...

Old 12-16-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caruso7r View Post
Unless I forgot, You still need to actively register your system through avid. The I-Lok account only holds new licenses for you to download to your I-loks...
Correct but i was given nothing to use to register. The only card that came with it was a card talking about the ilok stuff. No registration card. Anyone have any incite to what i need to do. I guess i just have to emal tech support
Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisHeinold View Post
Correct but i was given nothing to use to register. The only card that came with it was a card talking about the ilok stuff. No registration card. Anyone have any incite to what i need to do. I guess i just have to emal tech support
You should have received an activation card which holds your SN also. Did you purchase it at a dealer? And you didn't see any other numbers on the I-Lok card? I wish I could remember but I think you should have at least two cards from the box. Perhaps Avid can help provided you give them your SN on your core card. There should be a sticker on it. You didn't buy it off of Ebay did you? I'm not saying this happened but it's possible your hardware is registered and the seller had it shrink wrapped again. Hope that's not the case at all.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:13 AM

I had bought the core card separately from the software. The software box was still in wrapping. I have an "Pro Tools HD 8 Activation Card" that I followed. It put the backup license on my avid account but that is all. I also have Pt LE 8 and I have that on my account where I can download if I want and what not. With my backup license I can't do anything with it. I guess am I suppose to have another "PT HD8" in my account?
Old 12-17-2010, 03:41 AM

transfer license for the core card to your account. If it was used then a free pt9 upgrade won't happen. If the previous owner already used the card for PT9 upgrade then you'll need to get pthd9 from them. The pthd 9 upgrade is tied to the TDM-core card and not pt's software.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
transfer license for the core card to your account. If it was used then a free pt9 upgrade won't happen. If the previous owner already used the card for PT9 upgrade then you'll need to get pthd9 from them. The pthd 9 upgrade is tied to the TDM-core card and not pt's software.
Aaahhh! I see. I did the transfer of ownership for the card so I am assuming it is tided to me. I also just read that box sets don't allow you the option of downloading off the web therefore my account may not show anything else other then my backup license.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisHeinold View Post
Aaahhh! I see. I did the transfer of ownership for the card so I am assuming it is tided to me. I also just read that box sets don't allow you the option of downloading off the web therefore my account may not show anything else other then my backup license.
This is correct which doesn't make any sense. All they would have to do is take note and display whether it's a web download for software or store purchase. Avid, any reason why this can't be done? As long as we register the software, store bought or online, can't you document that?

Old 12-17-2010, 01:50 PM

I posted some pictures to help explain what i am looking for. And that is a good question whats the difference!?

Should i be worried there isn't an actual PT HD 8 in my account like my LE?

http://img196.imageshack.us/i/accountd.jpg/

http://img98.imageshack.us/i/account2.jpg/