Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2023, 09:57 PM

Default The "Bounce Mix... This Is NOT My Drive" Mystery

After finishing a mastering session, I went to bounce the final to my session drive by selecting File/Bounce Mix... and under Location, I selected the Directory radio button for my File Destination, like always. However, this time the directory tree below the Choose button was listed as someone's network dropbox that I do not know. I've been on PT since version 4 and I've not seen any bug that would cause something like this so I have concerns.

Now, I know that if I open someone else's session on my rig, it will have that person's last saved directory tree populated to the Bounce Mix location field (that needs to be fixed…security issue). The perplexing part is that I created these mastering sessions on a newly purchased computer with new ssd drives that I formatted myself, saved the sessions only onto my drives, and the sessions have never been shared or have touched a collaboration network. I found this person's directory tree on 3 other recent back-up sessions for other masters thus far. The only session that I have opened that is not mine on this rig is the PT intro demo session that I opened during the search for other sessions with this person's directory tree attached.

With that said, my question is this:
Is there ANY way a different directory save location can populate to the destination field on a session previously saved to my local drive directory without physically typing it in the destination field…or has someone been saving my work to their network drive?

Last edited by ▲ит╰•_•╯; 08-14-2023 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2023, 10:21 PM

Default Re: The "Bounce Mix... This Is NOT My Drive" Mystery

Perhaps when the PT installer was compiled, the folder path from this persons computer was the last path used. I wouldn’t read any more into it than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 08-14-2023, 01:50 PM

Default The "Bounce Mix... This Is NOT My Drive" Mystery

The question to ask yourself is, “How can his folder path show up on your system?”

To be blunt, it can’t unless it exists on your system. If it doesn’t exist on your system you’re tilting at a windmill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 08-14-2023, 02:42 PM

Default Re: The "Bounce Mix... This Is NOT My Drive" Mystery

Thank you for your further explanation and patience, Top Jimmy...now this makes complete sense. A good example of why you are a moderator! Cheers!