Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2022, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Protools won't import audo on video import

Use the excellent and free Shutter Encoder to either transcode the video to one that will bring the audio into Pro Tools or just use it to strip the audio from the video and import that into Pro Tools.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 10-24-2022, 08:13 PM

I imported a video on my iphone into PT and video and audio imported.
So can anyone recommend a video recording software I can use in place of quicktime that will import into PT?
When you search on the web it's all screen and web recording software.
I just want something that's very basic like quicktime.

Thanks
Old 10-24-2022, 08:53 PM

Shutter encoder worked!!

Thanks much
Old 01-04-2023, 06:36 AM

Just bought a brand new Mac Studio running Monterey 12.6.2

Testing my scoring template, and on my first video import it wouldn't allow me to import audio along with the video. The "import audio" checkbox on the video import dialog box was greyed out. So, yeah, having same issue here. My old rig (two weeks ago) was running High Sierra, PT 2021.xx and I never had that problem. I do, however, vaguely recall download an additional codec bundle some time ago on that rig. I just can't remember where I found it or what it was called

Hate to have to download any 3rd party conversion apps just to get PT to work as it should.

Anyone have fixes for this other than previously mentioned?
Old 01-04-2023, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke88 View Post
Just bought a brand new Mac Studio running Monterey 12.6.2

Testing my scoring template, and on my first video import it wouldn't allow me to import audio along with the video. The "import audio" checkbox on the video import dialog box was greyed out. So, yeah, having same issue here. My old rig (two weeks ago) was running High Sierra, PT 2021.xx and I never had that problem. I do, however, vaguely recall download an additional codec bundle some time ago on that rig.
You don't have to download any additional codecs anymore with Apple. In fact, it isn't allowed (which is why Avid doesn't offer it any more for higher macOS.) Apple restricted codec installation so Apple had to integrate the Avid codecs (which they did.)

You have given zero specs on the video: video codec, container, audio codec so I don't think anyone can help you yet. And you haven't specified if you are trying to run Pro Tools natively or via Rosetta2.