Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 08:06 AM

Default Alternative user account = PT CRASH!

I can run and work perfectly well with PT with the user account in which it was installed. But if I try to creat another user account (WITH adminstrative privileges) PT will simply crash when launched.

I already changed and fixed permissons in system and audio drives. Run Prebind fix app and followed all digidesign online guidelines to fix and troubleshoot protools to no avail.

Anyone experiencing this ?

Please, help I need to creat another user account for a partner working in this computer.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Alternative user account = PT CRASH!

same exact issue. I'm running PT 7.1 and an imac, power PC, OSX 10.4.10. Please Help!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Avid

This is typically caused by a plug-in that is only authorized to the main administrator account. Try removing all the plug-ins from your plug-ins folder and launching Pro Tools again - if it launches, then you'll know it's plug-in related.

If that's not the case, please provide specific information on your system - the Help us help you thread details what we need to know.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:06 AM

I just want to let u know that I've fixed it. The problem was indeed related to the permissions but not the permission of a certain plugin but the PT app itself. I downloaded a proggie called Xray and I kind of examined, recheck and "rebuilt" the permissions with it. After that PT run ok. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Roman
Old 10-10-2007, 06:11 AM

Grats, link to X-ray? Also the process you went through with X-ray to fix?

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:37 AM

http://www.brockerhoff.net/xray <- Download Xray app

Install and run it. It will ask you to drop the icon of the file u want to edit. Drop the Protools app, located in applications, digidesign, Pro Tools. (Pro Tools LE). Just drag it there.

1. click in the red lock to unlock all fields
2. In the "Show" (dropdown list) field, where it says "package information" select permissions.
3. Check (enable) all the possible permissions (read, write, search, owner, group, world), and make sure the user selected is root (system administrator)
4. Click "Show obsucre options"
5. In my particular case I didnt mess with these options (dont touch special mode bits, owner or root flags), just click "change enclosed" and a new sheet will open.
6. This sheet duplicates the top part of the Permissions panel, except that the check boxes have three states instead of two: set, reset, and the dash to mean “leave unchanged”. Enable (check) all of them.
7. click on the “Save & Change Enclosed”
8. Log out and back in.

This is what I did and it worked for me. I take no risponsability for any problema you may find. As I am telling you, it did work for me.
Good luck
Roman