Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2003, 08:53 AM

Default BTD Convert to MP3???

Hello I am trying to convert a session wav form to MP3 on bounce to disk.When I do so an error message(MP3 option cannot be enabled because a program error occured(-2802) while looking up symbol "codecInit" in "MP3.dll".I am trying to get the file down in size to email to a PC. Any help wpuld be greatly appreciated Thank you
Old 02-28-2003, 08:59 AM

Default Re: BTD Convert to MP3???

Do you have iTunes? If so, just import your audio files into iTunes (it'll convert to MP3 in there).
Old 02-28-2003, 09:08 AM

I do have itunes but it says that it cant make copy of file but that it will keep a record of it in itunes folder???Im not sure what to do next.Do I just drag the wave file into itunes or is it an import function,and once it is imported will it show so that I can then email it? thanks for your help. dp
Old 02-28-2003, 09:17 AM

Open itunes, Click file>add to library>then locate the song you want to convert. Once this is added to your library, go to edit>Preferences and change the import filetype to MP3. The conversion process is linked to the import dialog. After you have set you prefs find the song in your library list and highlight it. Then go to one of the menus at the top (I can't remember which one) and it will say "Convert to MP3...". When you select this option iTunes will make a copy of the tune in your iTunes/Documents folder and convert it to MP3.

Hope this helps some.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:19 AM

I just tryed to import to itunes, import as MP3,selected wav file,pressed choose and it says none of selected files can be imported>??
Old 02-28-2003, 09:24 AM

Goto thread w/subject "Bounce to Disk Frustrations" It's currently below this one...
Old 02-28-2003, 09:24 AM

I just tryed to do as you said and a note comes up saying that itunes will make a reference to this file(which btw is not a song but voice over,I dont know if that makes a difference),when I look for the reference in the library I cant find it ...?
Old 02-28-2003, 05:18 PM
Avid

Hello,

Sounds like you have the wrong version of the MP3 codec installed.

-You may download the proper version of the MP3.dll file for your system here:
http://www.digidesign.com/download/mp3.html

-This file should be installed in the System Folder>DAE Folder>Codecs>MP3 folder. Replace the MP3.dll thats currently installed.

-This version uses the same serial number as your initial, MP3 Export purchase.

-Before launching Pro Tools (and after installing the MP3.dll file), trash the DAE prefs (the entire folder) from the System Folder>Preferences folder and empty the Trash.

Mike
Old 03-01-2003, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by biggerme:
I just tryed to do as you said and a note comes up saying that itunes will make a reference to this file(which btw is not a song but voice over,I dont know if that makes a difference),when I look for the reference in the library I cant find it ...?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Do you have the last version of iTunes?