Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2015, 08:14 AM

Default AVID Pro Tools 12 on my iLok

I had the Pro Tools 12 download in my account for a couple of hours and I downloaded it to my computer but now it is just sitting there because I dont have the Pro Tools 12 asset on my iLok, How do I get the activation code or get the Pro Tools 12 on my ilok so I can start trying 12, Thank you

Main:
Model: Dell 5750 Precision Workstation
CPU:*Intel Core Processor i7-10750H (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 2.60 GHz to 5.00 GHz,
Memory:64GB, 2X32GB,DDR4 2933Mhz Non-ECC
OS M.2 512GB PCIe NVMe, Record Intel 1TB SSD, 2T SSD, 1TB SSD
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen
AVID Pro Tools 2023.12
JBL LSR4328P 8"
JBL LSR310S 10 inch Powered Studio Subwoofer*
Yamaha HS50M Studio Monitors
Alesis Elevate 3 Studio Monitors
M-Audio Axiom 61 Midi Controller
Old 03-26-2015, 08:28 AM

Default Re: AVID Pro Tools 12 on my iLok

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus1900 View Post
I had the Pro Tools 12 download in my account for a couple of hours and I downloaded it to my computer but now it is just sitting there because I dont have the Pro Tools 12 asset on my iLok, How do I get the activation code or get the Pro Tools 12 on my ilok so I can start trying 12, Thank you
It's likely that your upgrade just hasn't been processed yet, but I'll check your account...
Old 03-26-2015, 08:35 AM
Avid

Default Re: Where is my Pro Tools 12 Upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim33 View Post
Hi Avid,

My protools 10 and 11 downloads have vanished from my Avid account. When are they coming back and when will Pt12 appear.

Anyone else lost their download links ?

I purchased the upgrade plan on 19 Feb 2015.

Thanks, James.
Your concern has been forwarded to the CS for a new case. Please check your email. Sorry for the hassle.

Thank your for your patience,
Gerald G.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:37 AM

Hi Avid,

My Pro Tools 11 HD downloads have vanished from my Avid account
and I do not get the link to download the Pro Tools 12 Hd

I purchased the upgrade plan on 24 Feb 2015.

Thanks, Davide

Eccentric Records
Old 03-26-2015, 10:18 AM

I just received an email from Avid CS with a link for PT 12 and a 30 day activation for 12 in my iLok account (it wasn't there 15 mins ago). They're working on it.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 03-26-2015, 10:33 AM

What I don't understand is.....If they can manage to deposit a temporary license asset, why can't they just give you the license that you are entitled too? They have known this release was coming since the end of last year. If there's been a major technical issue, then explain it! If it's just a matter of poor planning, well, own it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
I just received an email from Avid CS with a link for PT 12 and a 30 day activation for 12 in my iLok account (it wasn't there 15 mins ago). They're working on it.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdwyer View Post
What I don't understand is.....If they can manage to deposit a temporary license asset, why can't they just give you the license that you are entitled too? They have known this release was coming since the end of last year. If there's been a major technical issue, then explain it! If it's just a matter of poor planning, well, own it...
Depositing a temp license is done manually by a rep working on 1 case at a time.

The upgrades (which include adding the product and support contact to your Avid account, and depositing iLok license bundle to your iLok account) are done by the system, but require running scripts on batches of different products to process them.

The latter is more efficient (there are a lot of these) but just takes time, which is why you didn't see the upgrade in your account on Monday but will in the coming days.

If you can be patient and wait that would be good, but if not we will continue to assist as requested.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDCYung View Post
Jeffro, DigiSupport

Could you help me out? I purchased in March of 2013 and should be eligible for the EDU upgrade to PT12, but i'm not seeing anything on my account.

Warm regards,
Hi TheRealDCYung,

Case support has been created and forwarded to CS. Kindly check your email.

Best Regards,

YD
Old 03-26-2015, 11:00 AM

Thank you for the explanation Jeffro. And as I said before, I appreciate very much your efforts on behalf of your customers. Having said that...
While there may be multiple combinations of license / software download "setups" that have to be processed, I go back to my statement that Avid has known this day was coming since the end of last year. It appears to this customer anyway, that there has been little, if any preparation for this roll out. Case in point, the release date was Monday. It's now Thursday, and virtually NOBODY in any of the threads in the PT 12 section of the forum is actually talking about USING the software. It's all about the fact that they haven't gotten it yet. Very frustrating...
Again, I along with others here appreciate very much your efforts to help, and I'm certain these issues are out of your personal control. Better communication from those that ARE in control would be nice..
Thank YOU, once again!
Tommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Depositing a temp license is done manually by a rep working on 1 case at a time.

The upgrades (which include adding the product and support contact to your Avid account, and depositing iLok license bundle to your iLok account) are done by the system, but require running scripts on batches of different products to process them.

The latter is more efficient (there are a lot of these) but just takes time, which is why you didn't see the upgrade in your account on Monday but will in the coming days.

If you can be patient and wait that would be good, but if not we will continue to assist as requested.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:18 PM

Thank you Jeff I can see you are attempting to help everyone here and I appreciate that. This contradicts the email I received however I'll remain patient and hopefully it will get sorted.