Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2003, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Apple Finally Lose My Vote

Quote:
Wow, 14 years of mac experience and you didn't know to avoid a 1st generation product?

Just kiddin' with ya, although you learned the hard way what (hopefully) most people have learned through forums like this - don't buy 1st generation electronic products, unless you're willing to be the beta-tester.
Thats not the point here. You hear people complaining about "old" products just as well.
I have friends who dont have a single problem with the "new" macs, but have replaced the old ones to get rid of the problems.
If youre refering to "software v. hardware issues" thats totally another mather. Youre "mixing" things here....(!)

What we are talking about here is bad customer support, and to me it seems that Mike has really shown more than enough patience!
I am not raised in the belief that if I buy something for several thousand dollars, and the thing breaks apart, I shouldnt open my mouth to much, and just be happy that someone really cares to make an effort to fix it no mather how long time it takes(?!)

If you´re a professional, you DONT have time to sit and wait for ages, and it´s a natural conclusion that they get their ass up and do what they get paid to do: bring customers good service, representing a serious company! they have the contact with the customers, THEY are apple!!

I had a friend who had the same problem with an ibook, and he had to pump life into he´s old power pc g3 to get his art work done for a big customer in time, cos´ it took soooo loooong before Apple finally fixed the machine( after sending the thing back & forth many times) instead of just giving him a new machine after the second attempt(which was what he got in the end anyway!)

Even if, generally, customers have good experience with apple customer service, they should have better guidelines for the kind of issues Mike is talking about here, and they should listen to his complaints, and try to avoid things like this in the future...
Good luck Mike...
KK
Old 10-23-2003, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Apple Finally Lose My Vote

Midiman and everyone else who's taken time to reply - thankyou. I've taken some stick from various folks over at the EQ forums, but like you guys there have been some genuine helpful supportive replies.

Thanks again for your support.

Mike