Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2013, 07:50 AM

Default Oh Pro Tools how I love you!!!!

OK, I'm not a new user to pro tools, but I was never a die hard user. It was the other DAW all my buddies used at the studio as I ran Logic Studio. When 9 came out I went and got it. It was cool. I liked it, but 4096 samples of ADC was not enough when I'm using my liquidmix and powercore cards. So it was kinda used for this or that, but no real work.

Now I was tempted by 10 because all my buddies were raving about it and in our studio we are going to get a Pro Control and get it setup with Pro Tools 10 and rock an roll with that, so I decided I would install 9, but 9 doesn't work on Mountain Lion an my new setup is Mountain Lion only, so I bit the bullet and got 10 since most of my new projects will be in Pro Tools and I might as well get the same version as what we are running in our studio. Did that and I LOVE IT!!! 32-bit float is amazing so distorting things without hard clipping them in plugins is amazing!!!

Also, I am borrowing our studios complete production toolkit and disk cache is is heavenly!!! I purchased a few new AAX plugins, got impact, joe meek pack, some bomb factory stuff, etc... And I can say this is the nicest workflow I have ever used. This DAW is heaven and I will never go back. Thank you Avid for pro tools!!!