Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2006, 07:40 PM

Default Can\'t open sessions, error reading document???

Hi All,
In a real bind here. Spent 3 days recording band #1 from NH. On the 3rd day, ran right into another session where band #2 brought in a drive (MS DOS format) from another studio. Drive took hours to finally see, USB drive that took 4 hours to copy 4 gigs over to one of my drives! Finally opened up sessions, worked for a few minutes then sudden white noise. Closed session..then "Drive not recognized" Ignore, Initialize or Eject!" I restarted and nothing....my drive was now corrupted. After rescueing the needed files with Data Rescue (awesome company), I brought the new drive back into the studio and when I opened up Band #1 sessions, I got the message: "could not complete your request because an error occurred while reading the document"

The drive that this came from had a problem, but I am able to get stuff off of it. Even when on a new drive, the session has the same issues.

Any ideas? This is really urgent and I will have to start from scratch if it won't work, which I really don't have time to do.

Perhaps there is somewhere I can send the session and have someone "fix" it?
I'm on a Mac running 5.1.3 TDM.
ANY help would rock! Thanx to anyone for any attention, help or time!
Sincerly,
Billy
[email protected]