it says
unable to locate hardware... connect hardware and make sure its on and click ok

1..... the interface dosnt have a on off switch
2.. i can hear myself through the headphones with the mic, so its working
3..i'v uninstalled reinstalled at least 8 times
4...my i lock is connected

i even got it working once ..... and then turned it bk on and it didnt work

iv always loved pro tools i used to have LE 8
but now.... im not so sure ..... pro tools is costly and i expect for it to work

please help
Old 02-10-2013, 03:41 PM

Default Re: unable to locate hardware pro tools 9

Did you install the drivers for your hardware?

Also holding the "N" key down while Pro Tools is launching will open a window and you can select your interface there.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 07-26-2013, 04:59 PM

Gentlemen (and ladies), I am concerned. I have now read many posts on a number of fora about experiences following changes in protools hardware and software/operating systems, and PT then NOT WORKING. Typically, the software does not recognise the hardware, despite loading drivers (and firmware?). This has also happened to myself. I think there is sufficient evidence on the net to suggest that this may be a 'system design' to limit 'experimentation' with PT. The incentive is economic and to stop piracy??. I would be interested in what people had to say about this. There are too many such experiences out there.

With the pace of change of technology, users can find themselves cut adrift simply because they have upgraded a component in their system, without upgrading the whole system. I have experienced this problem many times. The question is this. Is there an implicit memory of the initial system components embedded in the working software? Is this memory upset when a new component (eg. hardware alone, is legitimately upgraded?). If this postulate is correct, we can then ask AVID to provide support for these upgrades for legitimate users?? Speculation. Corrigendum
Old 07-27-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artful dodger View Post
Gentlemen (and ladies), I am concerned. I have now read many posts on a number of fora about experiences following changes in protools hardware and software/operating systems, and PT then NOT WORKING. Typically, the software does not recognise the hardware, despite loading drivers (and firmware?). This has also happened to myself. I think there is sufficient evidence on the net to suggest that this may be a 'system design' to limit 'experimentation' with PT. The incentive is economic and to stop piracy??. I would be interested in what people had to say about this. There are too many such experiences out there.

With the pace of change of technology, users can find themselves cut adrift simply because they have upgraded a component in their system, without upgrading the whole system. I have experienced this problem many times. The question is this. Is there an implicit memory of the initial system components embedded in the working software? Is this memory upset when a new component (eg. hardware alone, is legitimately upgraded?). If this postulate is correct, we can then ask AVID to provide support for these upgrades for legitimate users?? Speculation. Corrigendum
With all due respect, this post belongs in the General section and, by itself, not tagged onto someone's issue(which it really doesn't help). I would bet that in about 95% of cases like this one, its down to operator error. We(those of us that spend a lot of time here) really do like to help. But nobody can offer help without some basic information, such as what is the interface?? With dozens of possibilities, it matters

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave