How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2023, 06:34 AM

Default AVID brings ProTools Studio to the Apple watch

I had a bizarre dream last night:

"We were thrilled to see how positive the users response to the Logic on the iPad subscription was, so we decided to go one step further and bring PT Studio to the Apple watch."
Latency over bluetooth will be blow 5 seconds and the team managed to display up to 2 tracks (1 bar) or 1 track (1 bar and a quarter note) simultaneously.
Unfortunately, since the performance of the watch is limited you will only be able to playback 1 voice at a time. Luckily this is not really a limitation in real life, since there is only space for 3 seconds of stereo audio or 6 seconds of stereo at 15kHz. Poor audio quality will be compensated by an automatic AI thing that messes with your sound anyways.

I woke up in shock and quickly checked the web. All was normal, a 2 TB ssd updrade on the Apple page was still 1150 Euros, so I am not insane....

Last edited by @tention; 05-16-2023 at 06:35 AM. Reason: posted too early
Old 05-16-2023, 12:09 PM

Default Re: AVID brings ProTools Studio to the Apple watch

Well, I've always wanted a simple PT transport for the watch. T'would be cool to have start/stop/record when tracking myself away from the keyboard, instead of using an iPad.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:27 AM

Default Re: AVID brings ProTools Studio to the Apple watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tention View Post
I had a bizarre dream last night:

"We were thrilled to see how positive the users response to the Logic on the iPad subscription was, so we decided to go one step further and bring PT Studio to the Apple watch."
[...]
I woke up in shock and quickly checked the web. All was normal, a 2 TB ssd updrade on the Apple page was still 1150 Euros, so I am not insane....
Haha!
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio