Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2004, 11:26 PM

Default Now this is screwy...

I have several 30~some~odd track sessions. They have Waves plugins galore. I have not been able to play any of these sessions with everything active.
My CPU usage is set to 85%, and my buffers to 512K.

This is what's strange, right now my CPU meter is floating around 60-65% in PTLE & in task manager around 80-90% (with PT's overhead).

I can open and close all these sessions all day long as long as I do not shut down PTLE (v6.4cs6). They all play without the "CPU sucking air" error (I am listening to one of these as I type this).

When I reboot either PT or my system, I'm back to having to close out a half dozen or so of the Q10's in order to stay out of the 'red light district' on the CPU meter.

What in the heck is subduing the CPU demon as you stay in PTLE for a period of time?

I almost wanna keep this running 24/7. btw... It's a MusicXPC2.8 bone stock.
Anyone else seeing this type of behaviour? I don't know if this is a Waves thing or a Digi thing.