How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2014, 01:34 PM

Default Please Help - No MIDI Sound But One PT11

Hi,
I consider myself to be an experienced and hardcore PT user so I am asking for help with my head in my lab cause I have to admit this one is not something I can figure out myself.

This update to PT 11.1.2 and to Mavericks 10.9.2 does not work correctly (yet) with my audio interface Digi003Fac. and with my Roland XP-30 MIDI keyboard.

I only use my XP-30 as a controller for this setup and the same goes for my Arturia Analog Factory.

I have the MIDI OUT on my XP-30 keyboard connected to the MIDI IN on the 003.

1. When I turn on my Digi003Fac., everything is fine. It reads "Offline" in the LED field.

2. Then I turn on my iMac and everything is fine until I reach my desktop. The my 003 states a totally blank led field, no text. But I can listen to music in iTunes still with no LED text.

3. Then I open up Pro Tools and everything is fine again (sometimes it crashes). Now the LED reads correctly "Welcome to 003! Open or create a new session."

4. Then I open one of my sessions or a new test session template just to test my connections with the MIDI.

5. In the template I have loaded 3-5 Virtual Instruments.

6. So now I chose a piano and I press the keyboard and I can play, but when I select another track like a bass, all I can hear is the piano sound. There isn't any MIDI or sound signal showing on the bass track I have selected.

7. So now only this one Piano track will play sound. If I deactivate it I cannot play anymore. No sound from the rest of the tracks.

8. I have tried setting up my devices in the AMS but without luck of it getting any better, actually just worse.

9. There also seems to be some low noise audio signals pumping through my 003 now creating a loop like effect. What a bonus

Please help an old timer getting things up to working order again as I have just spent a whole month updating my system and my sounds and now I cannot use it. Feel so sad.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
Michael

Last edited by Michael Hanson; 04-30-2014 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Missing words
Old 04-30-2014, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Please Help - No MIDI Sound But One PT11

UPDATE,
I have trached my MIDI Drivers and instilled the once suggested on the Avid site.

Hasn't done anything for me BUT, I tried something new. I put one track in record and I can play that sound. I can also record it and record the midi data. I can also play back that I have just recorded on that track. BUT, I cannot play the sound while the track is not in rec mode. Then it is the same as before, it will only play the sound from one track (of it's own choosing apparently).

AMS has done nothing and affects absolutely nothing. Even if I delete the Devices!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:44 PM

Check attached image
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prefs.jpg (44.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-30-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
Check attached image
Yes, thx, I just read about it from bleu dog also and IT FIXED MY PROBLEM. Wow, after all these years, still coming back to the basics once in a while

Thx everybody!

Now, to making great music for the world to enjoy;-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MIDI PT11.jpg (50.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by DigiTechSupt; 04-30-2014 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Multiple/duplicate threads merged (and thanks mesaone!). -JC