Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2002, 02:16 PM

Default automating solos, mix groups

really easy one for some of you I'm sure but I,m having trouble. I know you can draw in automation but I think i'll get more creative results if I could creat different groups and automate my solos. can this be done? I had my automation in write mode and it would only record mutes, I check the automation enable window(all on) and I even transfered all the audio to a brandzee new session incase the session was corupt. still no luck . please help.
Old 10-24-2002, 02:58 PM

Default Re: automating solos, mix groups

Don't think you can automate the solo's... they're just for playback auditioning as far as I know. But what's the difference??? Just create a big group with the tracks you don't want heard and mute that group using the automation.... All roads lead to Rome.
Old 10-24-2002, 04:09 PM

o.k. so basically everything I wanted to do I just have to do it in reverse. do you know why you can't automate solos in pro tools? seems like such a small function to leave out. Everytime I've done mixing in a studio with a full size board I've allways automated solos you can do some real interesting "breaks" that way w/ the help of a couple of outboard delays in line.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:16 PM

Quote:
do you know why you can't automate solos in pro tools?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">my guess would be that adding solo automation would create a whole new automation channel for each track (along with volume, mute, pan, any sends on the track, and whatever plugin features you choose to automate), which would use up computer power and memory (even if, like most of us, you didn't use the solo function in a mix) without enabling you to do anything you can't already do very easily with grouping and muting.