Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2023, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Digi 003 Firewire on macOS Monterey

I'm not one for "Me, too" posts normally, but...

I've also put myself up for a heart attack or two with OCLP on a cMP 4,1>5,1 with the thought that if my rig couldn't be supported for a while longer, it would be time to start shopping computers and interfaces, etc.

After spending days watching far-more-competent MacHackers than me getting OCLP provisioned, loaded and working, I ended up with thumb drives ready to go for Monterey and Ventura. I've been running Monty on my laptop for a while and felt pretty comfy with it, so chose to park the Ventura drive for the present (electing the "Devil I know").

Finding that the 5,1 would not accept the 002/003 driver installer, I resigned myself to an updated, but PT-useless drive. Then I read here about the Neyrinck helper. To my surprise, the $0 cost install allowed my 003R to fire up and respond to my fresh Monty/PT 2023.3 system. So that's the good news.

The less great news is that PT 2023.3 annoyed me enough to ignore it and return to my Mojave/PT2022.6 drive. The missing ticks issue... it's just bizarre that that got released. The need to Force Quit Pro Tools really annoyed me. So I'm fine continuing on Mojave/2022.6, hoping for the successive updates to work more properly. Or when enough software is untenable on Mojave that it forces me to finish loading the Monty drive.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thanks to Soundweaver for writing up the Neyrinck helper; I literally found it by accident; I rarely look at the Legacy forums, so it's Kismet that I happened on this at just the right moment.