Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2022, 01:27 AM

Default Merge two plugins in dock encoders

Hi, I'm thinking of buying an s1+dock. Usually what I touch the most when mixing is the high pass and low pass filter of the Eq and the threshold in the compressor. It is possible to make a custom of both plugins at the same time in the encoders of the dock of only these parameters. It would be great when selecting a channel to have the Eq on the encoders on the left of the dock and the compressor on the right.
Thanks and regards
Old 10-10-2022, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Merge two plugins in dock encoders

No
Old 10-10-2022, 01:04 AM

I've never used either S1 or Dock, but I would think you should be able to have one insert focused on the S1, and another programmed to the Dock controls.
Old 10-10-2022, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
I've never used either S1 or Dock, but I would think you should be able to have one insert focused on the S1, and another programmed to the Dock controls.
Yes, you can. You just cannot custom map controls of two different plugins at the same time on the Dock.
Old 10-11-2022, 01:58 AM

I feared. It would be very practical to have your preferred Eq and comp parameters available at the same time on the dock encoders when selecting a track. It is something that developers could program. Thank you all for responding
Old 10-11-2022, 10:20 AM

But you could lock the assignable knob to - for example - the compressor threshold (assuming your plugin supports it) while having the EQ on the Dock.

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 10-11-2022, 01:17 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guancho View Post
I feared. It would be very practical to have your preferred Eq and comp parameters available at the same time on the dock encoders when selecting a track. It is something that developers could program. Thank you all for responding
It sure is. There was a plan to be able to make a custom map that could have knobs from any function in it. We looked at doing it with the customer knobs, but it was huge so didn't. Maybe next year I can look again as it would be a cool feature.
Old 10-11-2022, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guancho View Post
A workaround for this at the moment, could be to use WAVES Studiorack plugin (free) and program the Macros do work as you want and assign those Macro controls to the Docks knobs. Works very well and is highly customisable, especially as Studiorack can now host third party VST3s
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01