Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2014, 11:47 AM

Default Audio plays back before waveform.

I just noticed the other day that sometimes after I track an overdub the audio during playback is coming in before the waveform and is out of time. If I shut down the PT session and then reopen it the problem goes away. Has this happen to anyone else.
Old 02-27-2014, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Audio plays back before waveform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw0915 View Post
I just noticed the other day that sometimes after I track an overdub the audio during playback is coming in before the waveform and is out of time. If I shut down the PT session and then reopen it the problem goes away. Has this happen to anyone else.
Hi and Welcome to the Community

Yes we have had that happen a few times and if i remember correctly we upped the buffer size, turned OFF delay compensation and it worked after that. Sometimes delay comp messes up the timing badly and as it is a bit buggy on PT version 11.1.2 turn it off if it is on now. Also you can try the low latency monitoring on or off and maybe most importantly the Grid mode, maybe change from Grid to Slip if the delay comp and LLM doesn't work

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 02-27-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi and Welcome to the Community

Yes we have had that happen a few times and if i remember correctly we upped the buffer size, turned OFF delay compensation and it worked after that. Sometimes delay comp messes up the timing badly and as it is a bit buggy on PT version 11.1.2 turn it off if it is on now. Also you can try the low latency monitoring on or off and maybe most importantly the Grid mode, maybe change from Grid to Slip if the delay comp and LLM doesn't work

Best Regards
Christopher
I've had a similar issue in the past with recording a VI from MIDI to an audio track. I noticed the audio waveform was prior to the midi note. Same thing you think? I had to slide the audio track to lock to the correct position. It hasn't happened since latest version though.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I've had a similar issue in the past with recording a VI from MIDI to an audio track. I noticed the audio waveform was prior to the midi note. Same thing you think? I had to slide the audio track to lock to the correct position. It hasn't happened since latest version though.
I think that it could be related but now it is gone for us and we are keeping a close eye on all our midi tracks and so far all is well, If you have any issues again post them here so we can try and sort them out for everyone in the same boat

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————