Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2007, 06:24 AM

Default Factory Plugins - where are they?

Hello,

I am a new Pro Tools user.

I got 7.1.1. LE set up and installed my Factory plugins. I have the iLok. I can see the plugins in the plugins folder.

When I am working in Pro Tools I cannot find any of the factory plugins (Moogerfooger, etc..) in Pro Tools. When opening the program I am not prompted to authorize any plugins or anything.. Am I missing an update or something? I registered the product and created an iLok account. What am doing wrong?

Macbook Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 2gigs ram. Pro Tools 7.1.1 LE

Any help will be much appreciated, thank you.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Factory Plugins - where are they?

where are you looking for the plugs (if you have a mono plug and you are trying to put it on a stereo track, it won’t show up)? are you sure they are on the iLok (It sounds like you're correct since they aren't prompting you to authorize, but just making sure)? Are you sure you have the most compatible version of the plugs you aren’t seeing?

Could it be as simple as overlooking it? Sometimes I can get lost in my plug list, especially if I'm looking for one that I haven't used much. You can go to pref and change how the plugs are filed. If you sort my type and manufacturer, you may find it easier.
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 04-10-2007, 07:47 AM

I am not sure I have the most compatible versions. How to I go about checking this out?

Also, I forgot to mention, that even if I DON'T have the iLok plugged in, Pro Tools does not prompt me for the authorizations. When the iLok is plugged in, the green light comes on, but other than that nothing really happens.

I am new to Pro Tools so there is a chance I just can't find them -- I am looking in the plugins as well as the audiosuite stuff and for sure do not see anything. Also, is it not weird that without the key plugged in I am not getting any messages from Pro Tools about authorizing the plugins?

Thanks a lot,
Old 04-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Avid

You probably need to download and install the Intel compatible versions of the Factory bundle plug-ins. You can find a link to the download on this page:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...&categoryid=36
Old 04-10-2007, 09:12 AM

yeah, it sounds like they aren't even registering with PT. Follow Digi's link. That should fix your problem.
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 04-10-2007, 09:18 AM

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a shot. Should I be uninstalling the original (non intel) plugins that I have already installed first or does it make a difference?

Thanks again,
Old 04-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Avid

You shouldn't need to uninstall - the updater will update the ones already installed, or install new ones if nothing is installed.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:59 PM

yeah, i had the same problem. just download the plug-ins from the digidesign website. even if it says you're dowloading the trial version (which is the full version, it just expires), as long as you have the iLok licenses then the plug-ins will stay.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:09 PM

ok - i went to

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=22948

and downloaded the plugins under:

"Digidesign/Bomb Factory Plug-Ins"

I installed them all (WITHOUT trying 1 first to see if it works!) but when I went to run Pro Tools again with my iLok plugged in, Pro Tools said that the licences did not exist on my iLok.

Then, I went back to each of the pages where I got the plugins from and clicked on the "Activate Now" link under the trial period paragraph.

When transfering the newly aquired licences to my iLOk, i could not transfer :

cosmonaut voice
joemeek vc5 meequalizer
joemeek sc2 compressor
moogerfooger analog delay
maxim

because:
"The target iLok contains one or more existing licenses that cannot be replaced by selected licenses."

Alright, so I go to load Pro Tools again, and now the licences that did transfer, say that they will expire in 14 days.

How do I go about getting working licences that will not expire for all of the mbox 2 factory plugins?

once again, any help will be greatly appreciated, as I have no idea what to do.

thanks

Macbook Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0g 2gigs ram osx 10.4.8
Pro Tools 7.1.1cs2