Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 01:25 PM

Default Incorrect Region image Bug TDM 7.2 - solutions???

I am going all out to solve this problem today, so here is a questioning post of the bug report I am submitting, because I usually get an answer or guidance from one of you guys, while I invariably hear nothing from the bug report as it is usually assimilated and eventually dealt with...

Brief description of the problem:
The same audio region, on two seperate audio tracks (DIALOGUE A, and DIALOGUE B) looks completely different. I have just copied and pasted a different dialogue take onto the main dialogue track, and I would not know it actually pasted unless I read the name of the region, as they look nothing alike, and one looks about 12dB louder than the other, yet its THE SAME REGION.

Many people I've spoken with seem to know about it, but as of right now, I have heard of no solution, hence this posting out of desperation.

I've been finding it exceedingly difficult to work in Post doing a dialogue, FX or Foley edit or dub, when all the tracks are completely mis-represented in the session. Asside from the audio actually not coming out the speakers, I can't think of anything that could be worse for me.

Copy a very different region from one track to another and see if you have this issue.

I've tried saving and reloading the pro-tools session, in fact I did it just now one last time to be sure, and the tracks still look different. I have also tried rebooting pro-tools with the same result. There is not much else I can do in the sense of it being the most extreme measure I can take.

If I zoom in on the region that does not look like the original, sometimes it then looks like the original, but of course the original is zoomed in on as well. This is not always the solution, but sometimes it validates the fact I wasn't totally crazy. As I am sure you understand, it is not the best use of time to constantly have to root around to be sure what you are looking at. For right now, with pro-tools working the way it is in ver7.2 for me, it has a completely useless region interface for me.

Has anyone else seen this or does anyone have some solution or fix, as it is a crazy problem that is slowing down all my post
editing sessions and music sessions ten-fold.

Thanks a million

yours in music

ciaran
Old 11-07-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Incorrect Region image Bug TDM 7.2 - solutions???

Double click the zoom tool. This will reset all zooms to the same value.
It's been a common complaint since this new feature was introduced, there are a few threads on the subject.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Incorrect Region image Bug TDM 7.2 - solutions???

I have seen something similar. It was the correct waveform but the timing of the track was off for what the waveform was showing. I highlighted the region and selected "rebuild waveform" from the audio regions menu.