Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2006, 11:11 PM

Default intel mac + waves (ect...)

so i just got my macbook pro in the mail. it is amazing. but, has anyone here heard anything about waves/intel updates?? i am ready to use this badboy to it's fullest potential.

awaiting good news,

christopher
Old 06-18-2006, 10:18 AM

Default Re: intel mac + waves (ect...)

You;d have to check the Waves site, but I don't think there is any good news at this point in time. I could be wrong, but I didnt see anything at all and I'm pretty sure they're "working on it".
Old 06-18-2006, 11:04 AM

so, the next few months of my life, i am going to have to record on location with my macbook pro, using the digirack plugins... then transfer them to my g4 to use my waves plugins? any other ideas for the use of some decent plugs for tracking?
Old 06-18-2006, 11:36 AM

Why do you need plugins for tracking? Or - why do you think the standard DigiRack plugins aren't adequate for tracking?

Old 06-18-2006, 11:48 AM

well, i have just grown accustomed to my waves plugs. i like to keep my sessions pretty close to the final sounds we are going for. that makes for less involved, less confusing, shorter mixing sessions. i guess i was just trying to avoid the whole switch over from digi rack to waves plugins for every session. honestly, i recorded with digirack plugs for a while before i got other plugins, so i will just have to get used to the idea again. ok, ok... you got me... i am lazy. haha. but, yeah, any other ideas are completely welcome.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:27 PM

Quote:
well, i have just grown accustomed to my waves plugs. i like to keep my sessions pretty close to the final sounds we are going for. that makes for less involved, less confusing, shorter mixing sessions. i guess i was just trying to avoid the whole switch over from digi rack to waves plugins for every session. honestly, i recorded with digirack plugs for a while before i got other plugins, so i will just have to get used to the idea again. ok, ok... you got me... i am lazy. haha. but, yeah, any other ideas are completely welcome.
Your not lazy.

You shouldn't have to switch from Digirack to Waves.

The whole basis of the WUP was so that these expensive plug-ins would be updated in a timely manner which Waves hasn't done yet!

With the prices of of plug-ins and WUP they have NO excuse to be dragging their feet here.