Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2003, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Urgent Help, Please!!

Varispeed will end up with you not running at 25fps anymore, so I guess it would drift. How about using Serato Pitch & Time (or anything else that does the same thing) to stretch it for you, then you can run your sync i/o without varispeed?

Don't really understand what's at 24fps....isn't there just the timecode track (which you said is 25 frame)and ABS time on DA88's?

Try using an external clock as well. I've had terrible luck with sync i/o's as a master clock when tight lock is required.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:35 AM

Default Urgent Help, Please!!

Hi everyone...

I have a problem that I would really apreciate your help.

I've got a DA 88 Tape with 25 fps timecode but with a filmspeed of 24 fps. I want to record a new tape with 25 fps TC and film speed so that we can sync it to a digital betacam (PAL) and afterwords encode it to DVD.

This is what I've done:

1- transfer it digitally with sync I/o as master wordclock givind clock to the DA and 96 interface.

2- go to session setup and aplly a 4% pull up to the audio.

3- Syncronize the audio in protools with the betacam.

Is there any problems here?!?

What happens is that it always drifts. It seems to me that the sync i/o isn't varispeeding at all!! I have to deliver this tape tomorroe and spent all day experimenting, but nothing worked..

hope you can give some help with this info.. Thanks alot

Bye

Sérgio Duarte

Hope to here from you soon...very soon ! ;-)