Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Question with Logic and Venue

I've got to do some quick recordings of my shows and I'm not at all up to speed on Pro Tools - does anyone know if I can use the same routing from the Venue to say Logic or Logic Express as my hardware?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Question with Logic and Venue

hi, what you need is the digidesign core audio driver. you can get it from digi homepage. with that you can access th fire wire interface directaly without startin protools.

if you have HD you have to install protools. but in logic you have full access to IN/OUTS of the venue. you do not need to start protools. use DAE and DIRECT DAE to fit your needs.

have fun
Old 07-03-2007, 04:02 PM

Great,

Now that I've found the driver and downloaded it and my assistant installed it on the wrong computer I no longer have access to either logic or pro tools.

Does anyone know how I can delete this file from my mac (OS X 10.4.10)so I can get back to recording my shows in Pro Tools? I keep getting this error message when I try to load Pro Tools even after a full clean uninstall and reinstall.

Pro Tools LE 6.9.2 could not be launched because of a shared library error: "4<Pro Tools PPC dbg><Pro Tools PPC><DAE><FreeFic>"

I can't find the file anywhere, and I can't find any shared libraries between Pro Tools and Logic since Logic isn't even installed on this system.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Avid

This isn't going to be easy. It sounds like you installed the stand-alone Core Audio driver, then installed Pro Tools 6.9.2.

These two software packages install different components, which is why the clean uninstall isn't doing the entire job - the installer for 6.9.2 does not know about version 7.x Core Audio driver components.

To resolve this, you'll need to do a manual uninstal. First, do a clean uninstall of 6.9.2, then trash the following files from the specified locations:

MacHD>Library>CFMSupport

Trash: DigiCFMShim or anything with Digi or DAE in the name.

MacHD>Library>Frameworks

Trash:
DAE.framework
DHS.framework
DigiMachOServices.framework
DigiPlatformSupport.framework
DigiPlugInHelper.framework
DigiStreamManager.framework
DirectIO.framework
DSI.framework
DSPManager.framework
DUI.framework

MacHD>Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>HAL

Trash the Digidesign Core Audo Driver.plugin

System>Library>Extensions:

Trash:
DigiDal.kext
DigiIO.kext

Empty the trash and restart, then reinstall Pro Tools - you can check the option for the Core Audio driver during the installation on the Custom Install page.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:11 PM

Thank you it worked I truly truly truly appreciate the help......... wow i am so happy i can mix and record again thanks to u guys. Awesome!!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 03:16 PM

How can I install Logic Audio 8 without having the same issue? I haven't tried to open Logic cause I'm scared that I will have the same issue again. Can I use the Logic that was already installed or should I uninstall Logic and then reinstall it again?