Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2002, 05:36 PM

Location: Middle of Virginia, just far enough away from civilization to be able to relax.
Default Calling Out To THE PROS

Hello O' Great and Mighty Pro Tools Know-All-ers (or something like that)

I'll get right to the point. I've got FOUR SONGS that were recorded onto a hard disc 24 track recorder. I have ran the 16 tracks I recorded (drums, guitars, vox . . . you know) into the Pro Tools sessions. Each song is a separate session.

I have EQ-ed, compressed, leveled, did all kinds of stuff to THE FIRST ONE and I would like to know if there is a way to import all the tracks to a "blank session frame" so I don't have to do all that stuff over again. The songs are very similar in arrangement. It would be great if this was a simple move.

(I saved a session under a different name with all my levels and plug ins intact, but eliminated the audio tracks)

If anybody knows of a way to pull the tracks into the blank session other than the way I've been doing it (a few at a time, and it always creates a new track, so I drag the audio to where I want it and eliminate the new track that was "just born" . . . eventually I have them all but it's a pain in the @$$ . . . any new information about this would be worth alot to me. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Mac Pro running OSX 10.5.6, using Pro Tools LE 7.4.2/Digi 003/Digi C24 w-DV Toolkit 2, a pair of Avalon 737 VT-737sp's, Great River MP-2NV, RME OctaMic II, pair of Mackie HR-824's, my best mics? a Neumann U87 and a Royer R-121 . . . best amps? Bogner Ecstasy 101B and a Bogner Uberschall-Revision Blue . . . All my drums are BFD2 triggered by Roland TD-20s kit, with live Zildjian cymbals, Korg Triton LE 88 with weighted keys . . . lots of other toys that make beautiful music . . .
Old 09-16-2002, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Calling Out To THE PROS

Just had to say I love that H. S. Thompson quote. The way you're doing it is the only way I know of offhand, but making plugin presets may help you out depending on what you need out of it.

www.disposableproductions.com
Old 09-16-2002, 07:40 PM

Location: Middle of Virginia, just far enough away from civilization to be able to relax.

Thanks - I have successfully accomplished what I wanted to do . . . like alot of things with Pro Tools, I just had to come up with a "system" of going about it. There was no magic wand, but in the end, I wound up doing 3 hours of compressing and level chasing in about 15 minutes.

I love Pro Tools. It really is the best thing I ever bought for doing recordings, and I got a pretty good list going!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Mac Pro running OSX 10.5.6, using Pro Tools LE 7.4.2/Digi 003/Digi C24 w-DV Toolkit 2, a pair of Avalon 737 VT-737sp's, Great River MP-2NV, RME OctaMic II, pair of Mackie HR-824's, my best mics? a Neumann U87 and a Royer R-121 . . . best amps? Bogner Ecstasy 101B and a Bogner Uberschall-Revision Blue . . . All my drums are BFD2 triggered by Roland TD-20s kit, with live Zildjian cymbals, Korg Triton LE 88 with weighted keys . . . lots of other toys that make beautiful music . . .
Old 09-16-2002, 07:43 PM

Zone, as far as I know, you're doing it the way it's gotta be done.

Once you get the stuff in, it's a joy, isn't it?

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Yosemite OS
Old 09-18-2002, 03:00 PM

As far as I know the fastest way is to make a new session, import tracks from the old session and then ctl shift A the audio list (to select them all) and REMOVE them from the session. DO NOT DELETE THEM!! REMOVE THEM. This gives you the track settings with no audio files in the session playlists or in the audio list. Then import your audio files for the song and shuffle each one of them to 0. Because you made a new session for each song, any newly recorded files go into that songs audio files folder. If you just perform a save as, everything you record from then on (on all 4 songs) are going into the same folder. That turns into a mess. IT's a simple process. Remember to do the remove all audio files thing before importing anything. Otherwise you might delete a song later on and not know it!!
Old 09-18-2002, 09:20 PM

Mixer templates that you can load from one song to another would certainly be very nice to have. Most hardware digital mixers can do this... but PT can't Short of the "solutions" listed above, I've found no way to deal with the lack of this feature. IF Digidesign added it, it would save me considerable time on "quickie" three song demo type projects.

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.