Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2011, 06:15 AM

Default 003 interface is not recognized by PT9

I uppgraded to PT 9, Installed the new driver and everything worked fine until a couple of days ago. I did not change anything that I know of.

All of a sudden it is as if the digi003 does not exist when in pro tools (though it works fine in Logic Pro). In stead I get sound only through the Pro Tools Aggregate I/O. when I go into hardware setup and launch the "setup app" the 003 shows (0 in/ 0 out) and the only choice when it is selected is clock source.

I have re-started the program an re-booted the system several times as well as checked the firewire connection, all seems to be in order.

The hardware does not seem to be damaged since it works in logic... What could be wrong here, Any Idéas?

I am a post sound professional in the middle of a project with urgent need to record, and would be most grateful for help in this matter!

Thanks on beforehand!
Séamus
Old 01-09-2011, 07:02 AM

Default Re: 003 interface is not recognized by PT9

Have tried removing the 003 and 002 from the midi plugin folder (mac/library/audio/midi plugin)? Reinstall the drivers and reboot. I had the same problem with my 003.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:32 AM

As soon as you launch PT's hold down the "n" key and wait for a window to pop up then select the 003.
Or if your session is already open go set up>playback engine and select the 003. PT's session will close and re-open.
Make sure the 003 is powered on before doing either of these.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:39 PM

I don't mean to insult anybody's intelligence, but my solution to this same problem was to follow the "Starting Up or Shutting Down Your System"(pg19 of the 003 Family Setup Guide) order of hooking things up and disconnecting them when I wanted to do tedious editing in the living room on the MBP. It wasn't until I started following this sequence of things that PT9 consistently recognized my 003R. Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredmechanic View Post
I don't mean to insult anybody's intelligence, but my solution to this same problem was to follow the "Starting Up or Shutting Down Your System"(pg19 of the 003 Family Setup Guide) order of hooking things up and disconnecting them when I wanted to do tedious editing in the living room on the MBP. It wasn't until I started following this sequence of things that PT9 consistently recognized my 003R. Hope this helps.
So you're saying your solution to the problem was to RTFM?
Go figure.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2 View Post
So you're saying your solution to the problem was to RTFM?
Go figure.
In a word....yes.