Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2009, 06:13 AM

Default Upgraded To PT 8 - Three Questions

Just upgraded to PT8 - Was very quick and easy and it's awesome. I do have three issues however I can't resolve:

1. When in the Score window, I can't find the setting that allows the measures being played to always be in the display. (program doesn't scroll down the page or move to next page automatically). The pointer is following the music but after the first line is played, it moves out of sight.

2. I also can't get my click track to click during recording. I have set my Click/Count Off Option preferences to click "During playback & record" or "Only during record". I get the 2 bar count off but when it actually starts recording, the click is gone.

3. All of my music recorded in Release 7 loads fine except for one tune. When it's activating inserts, it is trying to load a clavinet and the system locks up - totally unresponsive. Even the ALT-CTL-DEL won't let me end the process or shut down the machine. I have to manually hold the power switch in to turn it off.

Thanks. All suggestions appreciated.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:29 AM

Default Re: Upgraded To PT 8 - Three Questions

Hey BadPlayer
(sorry man, couldn't resist;I'm the fun guy around here) No 4real though,

1). U have to set the scroll just as u do in edit window mode; same thing in the midi window...

2). Do u have the Click checked in the Options window?... I know u said it starts off with th 2 count but I can't remember if it will do that automatically without having the Click unchecked...

3). U just have a bad file... try an older backup session or import each file to a new session 1 by 1...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 03-30-2009, 10:37 AM

Also Clavinet with what plug/VI? I think there may still be a some plugs waiting for updates. A bad plug could be the issue. Will the session load normally with the plug in the unused plugins folder? Are other sessions with the plug loading fine? Just some places to look for answers.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-30-2009, 12:51 PM

For the click; an obvious workaround would be to record the click as audio and loop it.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-31-2009, 05:27 AM

Thanks for all the comments. Good stuff............

Keybeeetsss - BPlayer is actually short for brass player but on some days bad player would be a better fit.

1. Still not getting the score scroll thing happenning like I want. The bar pointer does move through the piece but never pages down so after the first two lines or so it's out of sight. I have my track set to scroll to Track 1 and have looked at all the options in the Score setup window. I have opened every score related menu I can find but must still be missing the right one. ???

2. The click issue is corrected. The click was not checked in the options window as suggested.

3. Probably don't have a current b/u but its not a huge loss. Is there a way for remove the plug-in without opening the file to remove it? Tonight I'll look around in the folders and set what I can find.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:10 AM

Hey Badplayer(got me started now) no 4real, the page scroll, once u open the midi edit window should be to the right corner of the window I believe; (the little down arrow looking thing) & u should see scroll during (or whatever it says-i'm not in front of it rite now)..

As far as the plug in,
U can go in the Plug ins folder & just move that particular plug(dpm. & rsr.) file to ur desktop or to the unused plug folder...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 04-01-2009, 05:39 AM

KeyBeeetsss - the scrolling issue is better but still no cigar. I set it to fit 2 pages on a screen and it looks great but......... after the marker follows the music down to the bottom of page 2 and on to page 3, I still see only pages 1 & 2. I would expect the screen to be automatically refreshed with pages 1 and 2 replaced with pages 3 & 4 or at least replaced with pages 2 & 3.

Is this not possible or are some of my settings still not correct ?

Thanks - Bad Player ( I mean BPlayer)
Old 04-01-2009, 07:57 AM

Ok ur really losing me now; all u do is, whether it be on the midi editor, score window or edit window, there is an Upside down pyramid looking icon in the top right corners of each; click that, go to Scrolling, select Page, & ur done...it will scroll thru the song until u stop it, so if u were to just leave it running after the song, it would scroll until.........

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 04-02-2009, 08:43 AM

Keybeeetsss - Ye Hi ! Your last post has resolved my problem ! In one of your responses you mentioned "the right corner of the window I believe; (the little down arrow looking thing)". I did see such an object at the "bottom" right with scrolling options and thought I had found what you were talking about I should have checked the top right also. (tunnel vision I guess)

It is very cool that if you have the score displayed for multiple midi parts, the score will display the track you have selected in the mix window allowing you to quicky switch from part to part.

Thanks again for all the help !
Old 04-02-2009, 09:17 AM

Yeahppp it is... Gotta lov the tools...anywayz glad to help...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY